Modular 100mm ED Apo telescope for observing & photographing prominences & more at the sun during the day and moon, planets & deep-sky at night
- Special telescope for observing the Sun in H-alpha
- Also for night sky observing, modular design
- 3-lens ED refractor FPL-53, 100mm aperture, 714mm focal length
- Observation & photography with excellent image quality
- Bandwidth less than 0.7 Angstrom
- Very large B3400 blocking filter installed inside focuser
- Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Also for Ca-K & White-Light solar observing
- Absolutely safe, no danger to the eyes
Modular designed multipurpose telescope, both for observing the sun in the H-alpha wavelength, as well as for night sky observations. Easy conversion between the different applications with a few simple steps. 3-lens apochromatic telescope with FPL-53 glass, 100mm aperture and 714mm focal length - excellent image quality for H-Alpha solar observation and also for observing the starry sky at night.
With innovative air pressure tuning system, 2 inch (50.8mm) Feather-Touch focuser, and B3400 blocking filter.
Solar observing in H-alpha:
The LS100MT/B3400 is a complete telescope for observing the sun in H-alpha light, with 100mm free aperture (no central obstruction) and 714mm focal length. The H-alpha wavelength is the most impressive way to observe the sun, showing protuberances at the sun's edge, filaments and flares on the surface, and much more. An internal Etalon filter achieves a bandwidth of <0.7 Angstrom with the innovative air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner. Tuning is done by slightly changing the air pressure in a pressure chamber inside the telescope. This changes the refractive index of the air, making it easy to tune to the H-alpha line. The pressure tuner guarantees a homogeneous image, without central obstruction, and a permanently protected Etalon without erosion. A set of collimating lenses installed in the telescope ensures best performance.
Fine adjustment is achieved with the excellent 2 inch Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction.
Blocking-filter is the B3400. The B3400 is good for solar imaging by cameras with very large sensor chip and can also be used for visual solar observing.
The B3400 blocking filter is fix installed inside the 2 inch Feather-Touch focuser. Normal 2 inch star diagonals or other 2 inch accessories can be used.
Observing the starry night sky:
The H-Alpha Etalon system can be removed from the telescope in a few easy steps thanks to its modular design. With the additionally available conversion kit (item number 0551430) the 3-lens apochromatic refractor can then be used as a normal telescope with 100mm aperture and 714mm focal length for observation and photography of the night sky. The FPL-53 triplet lens offers an outstandingly low colour aberration image. Common 2 inch star diagonals can be used at the high quality R&P focuser of the conversion kit 0551430.
Please note that the optionally available conversion kit 0551430 is absolutely necessary if the telescope should be used at night.
With additionally available accessories the LS100MT offers even more possibilities!
The LS100MT telescope can optionally be upgraded with the additionally available double-stack module DSII/SFPT (item number 0551395). The DSII system is a internal double-stack module. Thereby a bandwidth of <0.5 Angstrom is achieved for H-alpha solar observation. Therefore much more details on the solar surface will become visible.
- Solar observing in White-Light
If the H-alpha unit has been removed, of course either a sun filter to be installed in front of the objective, or a Herschel-wedge at the focuser can be used to observe the sunspots in White-Light.
- Solar observing in Ca-K wavelength
Certainly, the Ca-K filter modules from Lunt Solar Systems can also be used at the LS100MT to observe and photograph super-granulation and other effects visible in this wavelength on the sun.
This makes the LS100MT a completely universal usable apochromatic telescope of highest quality!
- 3-lens APO refractor, FPL-53
- Aperture: 100mm (no central obstruction)
- Focal length: 714mm
- Bandwidth: internal Etalon with <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: air pressure tuning system Pressure-Tuner
- Blocking filter: B3400 with 2 inch connection
- Focuser: Feather-Touch with 10:1 reduction
- Two tube-ring with handle
- Sol-Searcher installed inside handle
- Dovetail bar at GP-level for astronomical mounts
- Weight: 6.8kg
- Length with dew-shield: 78cm
- Length with removed dew-shield: 65cm