About this product
New ASCOM Canon Lens Controller from AstroMechanics
We are proud to announce the UK exclusive of this innovative new product which enables you to natively control the aperture and focus of a Canon EF/EF-S Lens (Canon, Tamron, Sigma, Samyang etc..) via USB.
Much easier than manually focusing or trying to stop down the aperture with masks.
17mm Base Adapter + 9.5mm Spacer
This is the most popular version suitable for most ZWO & QHY cameras.
Use without the 9.5mm spacer for mono cameras (ASI1600MM-Pro for example) with a filter wheel. 17mm base adapter + 20mm filterwheel + 6.5mm ZWO cooled camera = 43.5mm.
Use with the spacer with a colour camera (ASI293MC-Pro for example). 17mm base adapter + 9.5mm spacer + 11mm T2 extension + 6.5mm ZWO cooled camera = 44mm.
The 9.5mm spacer also has a 1.25" filter thread.
24mm Base Adapter
A special taller version of the base adapter, supplied without an extension piece to suit QHY8L, QHY10 and QHY12 cameras with a back focal length of 20mm.
Compatible Lenses: Most classic Canon lenses should work correctly. Tamrom SP 150-600mm, Canon EF-S 10-18mm 1:4.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF-S 18-135 1:3.5-5.6 IS USM and Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art (for Canon EF Mount) lenses are not compatible at this time.
Image shows an example setup with a ZWO cooled camera, camera holder, AstroMechanics lens adapter and a Canon EF lens. Additional items not included ;-)
- ASCOM Compatible Canon Lens Controller
- USB Controlled and Powered (required 2x USB ports)
- Full metal bayonet - no plastic parts!
- Tight and secure lens connection
- Updated design - all components neatly housed in the adapter
- No extra wires - only one mini USB cable with dual connectors
- Reliable FTDI USB to Serial Chipset - remembers it's COM port between disconnects, usually requires no additional device driver installation
- Supported by ASCOM, INDI, TheSkyX and includes a Windows Desktop Utility and a Lens API to develop yourself
Both versions of the base adapter (17/24 mm) are presented
17mm base adapter for most ZWO/QHY cameras.
24mm base adapter for QHY8L/10/12 cameras.
Standard spacer (9.5 mm, required to achieve the correct back focal length w/o FW))
17 mm base adapter + 9.5 mm spacer = 26.5 mm
Downloads / Manuals
ASCOM Driver, Manual, Desktop Utility, API Protocol and more can be downloaded from:
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.