About this product
Part Number: 12026
The iconic 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain has been known for decades as Celestron’s most beloved telescope. Now beginner to intermediate astroimagers can have their own “C-8” at an extremely affordable price. This classic design has been upgraded with our StarBright XLT coatings for maximum light transmission. Combined with the fully featured Advanced VX mount, you have a setup that is ready for both imaging and visual observing.
This setup can be easily transported and assembled by one person and offers plenty of load capacity to attach your camera and other accessories.
The new Advanced VX mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Features include permanent programmable periodic error correction, all star polar alignment, autoguider support and the ability to image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Compared to the earlier CG5-GT mount the Advanced VX also has larger base castings for improved stability under heavier loads and upgraded motors for more torque.
- 8” (203mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 84% more light gathering than a 6” telescope.
- 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
What's in the box
- Telescope OTA
- VX Mount
- 6x30 Finderscope
- 20mm Eyepiece
|Optical Design ||Schmidt-Cassegrain|
|Aperture (mm)||203 mm (7.99 in)|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Focal Length (mm)||2032 mm (80 in)|
|Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Magnification 1||102 x|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Weight (lbs)||59 lbs (27 kg)|
|Power Supply||Car battery adapter|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power |
(Compared to human eye)
|Optical Tube Length||17" in (432 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||13 lbs (5.9 kg)|
|EQ Mount Weight||17 lbs (7.71 kg)|
|Tripod Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Tripod Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Counterweight Bar||12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)|
|Counterweights||1 x 11 lbs|
|Latitude Range||7-77 deg|
|Motor Drive||Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes|
|Slew Speeds||Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align|
|Communication Ports||2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Power Requirements||12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory|
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Celestron Advanced VX Manual
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.
Q1. Does this comes with a 90 deg star diagonal?
Yes - this does come with a 1.25 inch, 90 degree diagonal.
Q2. Does this comes with a serial cable for connection to a PC?