About this product
Part Number: 12046
"Suitable for novice and experienced astronomers, the system's portability and ease of setup are great if you're in a hurry to get going, while the excellent optics of the C9.25 don't disappoint. Look after it well and it will provide a lifetime of astronomical enjoyment." Pete Lawrence writing for BBC Sky at Night Magazine Full review pages 1 & 2 and page 3 (PDFs).
The Celestron Advanced VX 9.25” SCT is an excellent choice for intermediate level astronomers and astroimagers looking to gather 33% more light than an 8” telescope, but without the added weight of Celestron's 11” optical tube. No single piece of this kit weighs more than 20 lbs, making it easy for one person to transport and assemble. This f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope features Celestron’s StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission and a 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars.
The new Advanced VX mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Features include permanent programmable periodic error correction, all star polar alignment, autoguider support and the ability to image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Compared to the earlier CG5-GT mount the Advanced VX also has larger base castings for improved stability under heavier loads and upgraded motors for more torque.
- 9.25” (235mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 33% more light gathering than a 8” telescope without the weight of the 11” optical tube
- 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
What's in the box
- Telescope OTA
- VX Mount
- 6x30 Finderscope
- 25mm Eyepiece
|Optical Design ||Schmidt-Cassegrain|
|Aperture (mm)||235 mm (9.25 in)|
|Telescope Type||Computerized (GOTO)|
|Focal Length (mm)||2350 mm (93 in)|
|Eyepiece 1 (mm)||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Magnification 1||94 x|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Weight (lbs)||77 lbs (35 kg)|
|Power Supply||Car battery adapter|
|Highest Useful Magnification||555 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||34 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.59 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.49 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power |
(Compared to human eye)
|Optical Tube Length||22" in (559 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||20 lbs (9.07 kg)|
|EQ Mount Weight||17 lbs (7.71 kg)|
|Tripod Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Tripod Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Counterweight Bar||12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)|
|Counterweights||2 x 11 lbs|
|Latitude Range||7-77 deg|
|Motor Drive||Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes|
|Slew Speeds||Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North and EQ South|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align|
|Communication Ports||2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Power Requirements||12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)|
|GPS||Optional SkySync GPS Accessory/td>|
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Celestron Advanced VX Manual
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. Does this comes with a 90 deg star diagonal?
Yes - this does come with a 1.25 inch, 90 degree diagonal.
Q2. Does this comes with a serial cable for connection to a PC?