About this product
(Does not include imaging camera or guide camera)
The new Starlight Xpress LF Active Optics significantly improves the tracking performance obtainable with mountings that suffer from less than optimum periodic error.
It will also allow users to obtain the smallest possible FWHM when used with longer focal length instruments even when placed on high quality mountings.
The SXV-AO should be used with the off-axis guider for the best results with most optical systems. This combination uses an SXV guide head or Lodestar guider to view the edge of the telescope field via a 10mm square prism and provides accurate positional feedback to the control software. Unlike cameras with an integrated guider chip, the OAG puts the guide camera ahead of any filters that the user fits into the camera ring recess and so its sensitivity is always at maximum. The guide camera mounting is designed to be parfocal with an SX camera when used in this combination - fine focus adjustment is provided by moving the threaded guider mount along the prism tube.
- Image tracking and stabilisation using a high speed tip-tilt optical window
- Fast tracking speed of 5mS per increment
- Overcomes rapid gear errors to stabilise even difficult mounts
- Mount control output for correcting large drive errors while maintaining AO stabilisation
- Image shift factor independent of optical system or camera back-focus spacing
- Off-axis guider assembly for use with an SXV guide camera
- STAR2000 guiding compatible
- May be used to image stabilise many other makes and types of camera, given suitable control software
- Clear aperture of 60mm for up to 35mm full-frame size chips
- Short optical length - 70mm with OAG, 38mm without.
- Very low light loss (~2%) from the multicoated optics
- Filter threads for adding 48mm narrow band. IR blocking or pollution rejection filters without affecting the guide camera sensitivity
- Serial RS232 control via the computer or SXV splitter box. Parallel control available
- Low power consumption. Less than 600 mA at 12v DC when moving - 50mA quiescent current
- Compact and lightweight - only 132mm in diameter x 32mm long - less than 700 grams load on the 'scope
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.