For binocular newcomers, these are the prefect step up without breaking the bank.
The Helios Stellar II 16x80s are a significant step up from typical ‘starter’ binoculars, so if you’ve been bitten by the binocular astronomy bug and want something that will show you considerably more without stretching your finances as much as premium binoculars will do this would be an excellent choice.
BBC Sky at Night Magazine, August 2018 - Read full review
About this product
Part Number: 30149
New Helios Stellar-II 80mm observation binoculars designed for medium-to-long-range terrestrial, marine and astronomical use.
High quality waterproof and nitrogen filled with individual eyepiece (IF) focussing.
- Shockproof design incorporating a robust but lightweight Magnesium alloy body construction
- Nitrogen filled for clear, fog-free operation.
- Fully waterproof (IPX7 standard, 1m depth for 30 minutes)
- BAK-4 prisms and a fully broadband multi-coated optical system.
- High-transmission lens and prism coatings allowing 85% light transmission.
- Eyepiece design featuring oversized elements, generous eye-relief and fold-down rubber eyecups for spectacle-wearers.
- Integral tripod mounting column and central stabilising bar.
- Finished in stylish black rubber
- Supplied in soft storage/carrying case with padded neck strap, eyepiece rainguard and objective lens caps
Binocular Field of View Simulator
What's in the box
- Stellar-II Binoculars
- Soft Storage/Carrying Case
- Padded Neck Strap
- Lens Caps
- Cleaning Cloth
- User Guide & Guarantee
|Model ||16x80 ||20x80 |
|Magnification ||16x ||20x |
|Object Lens Diameter ||80mm ||80mm |
|Field of view ||4° ||3.2° |
|F.O.V. @ 1000M ||70m ||56m |
|Exit Pupil Diameter ||5mm ||4mm |
|Eye Relief ||20mm ||16mm |
|Interpupillary Distance ||56 to 74mm ||56 to 74mm |
|Light Transmission ||85% ||85% |
|Weight ||2,400g ||2,400g |
|Dimensions ||308x230x93mm ||308x230x93mm |
|Product Code ||30148 ||30149 |
|Average Rating (1 Review): |Spectacular binos on its price range
Tuesday, 12 March 2019 | Mario
I recently acquired these binos after having taken a look through other Helios lightquest. I wear glasses with thick dioptrix correction and I can use them with or without glasses. Tested under urban and rural conditions all winter messier open clusters looked pinpoint. Even M3 appeared as a fuzzball. A solid tripod is needed but ir can be used with hands only if objects are not so high.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.
Q1. How much do these binoculars weigh?
The Stellar-II 16x80mm and 20x80mm binoculars weigh 2,400g / 85oz.