About this product
Part Number: DB-214
The Vortex Diamondback series of binoculars was first updated in 2016 with improved optics, dielectric prism coatings and a 10% lighter body. After that there was really only one way for this latest version - HD glass.
These new Vortex Diamondback 'HD' binoculars retain all the improvements made last time around but now feature select HD glass lens elements for enhanced resolution, reduced chromatic aberration, more accurate colour fidelity, improved edge-to-edge sharpness and higher light transmission.
All models include a rainguard, tethered lens covers and of course the Vortex Unlimited Lifetime Warranty (when purchased from an authorised UK stockist, such as ourselves)
- HD Lens Elements: Extra-low dispersion glass delivers impressive resolution and colour fidelity.
- Fully Multi Coated Optics: All air-to-glass surfaces are fully multi-coated for higher light transmission and increased contrast.
- Dielectric Coated Prisms: Multi-layer Dielectric prism coatings provide bright, clear, colour-accurate images.
- Roof Prisms for greater durability and a more compact size.
- Argon Gas Fogproofing: Superior Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Waterproof: O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the binocular for reliable performance in all environments.
- Rubber Armour: Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Multi-Position Eyecups: Twist up and down to precise, intermediate settings to maximize custom fit for comfortable viewing with or without spectacles.
- Right Eye Diopter: Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located on the right eyepiece.
- Tripod Adaptable: Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount. Adapter sold separately.
What's in the box
- Vortex Binoculars
- Rainguard Eyepiece Cover
- Tethered Objective Lens Covers
- Comfort Neck Strap
- Glasspak Binocular Harness & Case
|Magnification ||8 x ||10 x |
|Objective Lens Diameter ||42 mm ||42 mm |
|Eye Relief ||17 mm ||15 mm |
|Exit Pupil ||5.25 mm ||4.2 mm |
|Linear Field of View ||420 feet/1000 yards ||330 feet/1000 yards |
|Angular Field Of View ||8 degrees ||6.3 degrees |
|Close Focus ||1.52m / 5.0 feet ||1.52m / 5.0 feet |
|Interpupillary Distance ||55-73 mm ||55-73 mm |
|Height ||145mm / 5.7 inches ||145mm / 5.7 inches |
|Width ||130mm / 5.1 inches ||130mm / 5.1 inches |
|Weight ||624g / 21.9 ounces ||605g / 21.3 ounces |
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Vortex Optics Diamondback Manual (PDF)
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |
Tuesday, 5 January 2021 | Ian
Bought these binoculars for my wife's birthday and she absolutely loves them. We use them for spotting wildlife in the land around the house and the clarity and almost 3D quality to the image is amazing. If i had to buy another pair I'd probably get the 10 x 42 of the same model!
FLO were also fantastic, I purchased a telescope at the same time which took a while longer to arrive (though not as long as it was predicted). FLO were happy to split the order so she got them in time for her birthday at no extra postal cost. Communication has been fast and efficient, can't ask for any more than that really. I'll definitely continue to FLO
Wednesday, 29 January 2020 | John
First FLO cannot fault the excellent service and advice I will use FLO again and have already recommended them to friends and my local camera club . Second the binoculars wow even my wife was impressed small and lighter than the other binoculars we have they fit in my walking jacket pocket . But also so much sharper and with more defined colour very pleased with them maybe a 2nd pair for the wife soon . Thank you FLO
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. How much do these binoculars weigh?
The Vortex Optics Diamondback 8x42 binoculars weigh 609g / 21.4oz and the 10x42 binoculars weigh 585g / 20.6oz.