About this product
Part Number: DB-217
The Vortex Diamondback series of binoculars was first updated in 2016 with improved optics, dielectric prism coatings and a 10% lighter body. After that there was really only one way for this latest version - HD glass.
These new Vortex Diamondback 'HD' binoculars retain all the improvements made last time around but now feature select HD glass lens elements for enhanced resolution, reduced chromatic aberration, more accurate colour fidelity, improved edge-to-edge sharpness and higher light transmission.
All models include a rainguard, tethered lens covers and of course the Vortex Unlimited Lifetime Warranty (when purchased from an authorised UK stockist, such as ourselves)
- HD Lens Elements: Extra-low dispersion glass delivers impressive resolution and colour fidelity.
- Fully Multi Coated Optics: All air-to-glass surfaces are fully multi-coated for higher light transmission and increased contrast.
- Dielectric Coated Prisms: Multi-layer Dielectric prism coatings provide bright, clear, colour-accurate images.
- Roof Prism: Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
- Argon Gas Fogproofing: Superior Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Waterproof: O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the binocular for reliable performance in all environments.
- Rubber Armour: Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Multi-Position Eyecups: Twist up and down to precise, intermediate settings to maximize custom fit for comfortable viewing with or without spectacles.
- Right Eye Diopter: Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located on the right eyepiece.
- Tripod Adaptable: Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount. Adapter sold separately.
What's in the box
- Vortex Binoculars
- Rainguard Eyepiece Cover
- Tethered Objective Lens Covers
- Comfort Neck Strap
- Glasspak Binocular Harness & Case
|Magnification ||10 x ||12 x |
|Objective Lens Diameter ||50 mm ||50 mm |
|Eye Relief ||17 mm ||14 mm |
|Exit Pupil ||5 mm ||4.2 mm |
|Linear Field of View ||315 feet/1000 yards ||271 feet/1000 yards |
|Angular Field Of View ||6 degrees ||5.2 degrees |
|Close Focus ||2.83m / 6.0 feet ||1.83m / 6.0 feet |
|Interpupillary Distance ||60-75 mm ||60-75 mm |
|Height ||168mm / 6.5 inches ||163mm / 6.4 inches |
|Width ||135mm / 5.3 inches ||135mm / 5.3 inches |
|Weight ||852g / 30.0 ounces ||820g / 28.9 ounces |
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Vortex Optics Diamondback Manual (PDF)
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
09 October 2020 | Chris
Was looking for a pair of binoculars to user for both wildlife spotting and for 'quick' astro when I'm too lazy to set up the telescope. I picked these partly because they were so much lighter than the more normal Porro prism designs. So far, of course, the night skies have been mostly cloudy, so night viewing has been restricted to looking at the moon. Keeping them steady takes a bit of practice but the image is extremely clear and bright. I wear glasses, and there's no problem using them with the eyecups in the 'down' position. However, if I remove my glasses, rotate the eye cups outwards, then there's enough focusing 'spare' to correct for my ~ -3 eyesight, which is great - it's definitely easier to get a stable view with the binoculars 'locked' tight against my face. Build quality seems really good, and the rubberised exterior is comfortable to hold. The lens covers are fixed to the body and are a good snug fit. The eyepiece caps are slightly less solid but stay in place. The case is reasonable robust, and a snug fit. I'm not sure I'll ever use the harness that comes with it though (aimed more at hunters, I suspect). All in all, I'm pleased with my purchase and looking forward to some clear nights.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. How much do these binoculars weigh?
The Vortex Optics Diamondback 10x50 binoculars weigh 825g / 29oz and the 12x50 binoculars weigh 815g / 28.7oz.