About this product
Part Number: V202
NEW for 2018
New updated Vortex Viper HD binoculars offer the following improvements over their predecessors:
- Significantly wider field of view!
- Higher quality prisms.
- Higher quality optics.
- Closer focus.
- A little smaller (by about a Mouse's whisker)!
- Slightly heavier (about the weight of a large strawberry)!
They continue to use HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass with XR™ anti-reflective coatings for outstanding edge-to-edge clarity.
From a size and weight perspective, the Viper HD binoculars remain one of the lightest, most compact, full-size premium quality binoculars on the market.
Supplied with the versatile Vortex Binocular Harness Pack (GlassPak™) so you can carry the binocular comfortably in it's own protective case, even for long periods of time, ready for use at a moments notice.
- HD Lens Elements: HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass delivers impressive resolution and colour fidelity, resulting in High Definition images.
- XR Lens Coatings: Vortex proprietary XR anti-reflective coatings, fully multi-coated on all air-to-glass lens surfaces, increase light transmission for maximum brightness.
- Phase Correction: Used on roof prism models only—coating enhances resolution and contrast.
- Roof Prisms: Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
- Waterproof: Optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the binocular.
- Fogproof: Argon gas purging guarantees superior fogproof and waterproof performance.
- Rubber Armour: Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- ArmorTek: Exterior lenses are protected by ArmorTek — an ultrahard, scratch-resistant compound that repels oil, dirt and the corrosive salts of fingerprints.
- Twist Eyecups: Twist up and down to precise, intermediate settings to maximise custom fit for comfortable viewing with or without spectacles.
- Center Focus Wheel: Adjusts the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
- Locking Diopter: Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located on the right eyepiece.
- Tripod Adaptable: Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount.
What's in the box
- Vortex Binoculars
- Tethered Objective Lens Covers
- Comfort Neck Strap
- Deluxe Padded Carry Case
|Magnification ||10 x ||12 x |
|Objective Lens Diameter ||50 mm ||50 mm |
|Eye Relief ||16 mm ||16 mm |
|Linear Field of View ||346 feet/1000 yards ||288 feet/1000 yards |
|Angular Field Of View ||6.6 degrees ||5.5 degrees |
|Close Focus ||2.45m / 8.0 feet ||2.45m / 8.0 feet |
|Interpupillary Distance ||65-76 mm ||65-76 mm |
|Height ||165mm / 6.5 inches ||165mm / 6.5 inches |
|Width ||132mm / 5.2 inches ||132mm / 5.2 inches |
|Weight ||805g / 28.4 ounces ||815g / 28.8 ounces |
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Vortex Optics Viper HD Manual (PDF)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. How much do these binoculars weigh?
The Vortex Optics Viper HD 10x50, 12x50 and 15x50 binoculars weigh 795g / 28.4oz.