About this product
Part Number: 4716420
The Bresser Messier 8" Dobsonian Telescope has an interesting design that includes tube-rings, large radius altitude bearings and a large 2.5” R&P Hex-Focuser.
The tube-rings enable you to slide the telescope forwards/backwards to balance heavy eyepieces or a binoviewer. The altitude bearings are removable so you can fit a dovetail (available separately) and attach it to a different mount, i.e. a motorised German Equatorial Mount.
The sturdy 2.5" R&P Hex-Focuser is noticeably better than the focusers fitted to most other Dobsoinans and can be used with large 2” eyepieces with confidence, it can also be upgraded to dual-speed with 10:1 gear reduction.
The 8” (203mm) parabolic primary mirror is made from low expansion H-PZ33O glass and sits in a 6-point primary mirror-cell with convenient collimation knobs (not screws).
Unlike competing products the telescope base employs standard metal furniture fasteners so can be assembled and disassembled quickly and easily.
Other features include blackened edges for the secondary mirror, a red-dot finder and an accessory rack with room for both 1.25" and 2" eyepieces.
Supplied with a 25mm Super Plossl eyepiece.
- Newtonian optics with parabolic primary mirror made from H-PZ33 low expansion glass material
- 2.5" HEX focuser with rack & pinion drive
- Large altitude wheels provide smooth and precise movement even at high magnifications
- Red dot finder and SPL 25mm eyepiece included
- 6-point flotation system mirror cell for the for primary maximizes optical performance
- Tube rings facilitate the use of the optics on equatorial mounts
- The parts of the rocker-box are connected with metal furniture fasteners for easy assembly and dissasembly
- Diffraction limited optics: Strehl > 0,8
Telescope Field of View Simulator
What's in the box
- 8" Messier Telescope OTA
- OTA Tube Rings & Altitude Wheels
- Rocker Box Mount
- Red Dot LED Finder
- 25mm SPL Eyepiece
|Optical design ||Newtonian Reflector |
|Maximum recommended magnification ||400 |
|Material Primary mirror ||Special low expansion H-PZ33 |
|Primary mirror diameter ||203 mm |
|Material Secondary mirror ||Borosilicate-glass with low thermal expansion, individually matched to main mirror |
|Secondary mirror diameter ||57 mm |
|Objective diameter ||203 mm |
|Focal length ||1218 mm |
|Aperture ratio ||6 |
|Angular resolution ||0.6 arc seconds |
|Finderscope ||Red Dot Finder |
|Mount Type ||Dobsonian |
|Material OTA ||Steel |
|Mount type ||Dobsonian |
|Focusing system ||2.5" R&P Hex-focuser |
|Colour ||white |
|Warranty ||5 Years |
|Net weight OTA (incl. accessories) ||11.5 kg |
|Total length ||128 cm |
|Total width ||48 cm |
|Total height ||48 cm |
|Tube diameter ||250 mm |
|Tube length ||1150 mm |
|Net Weight total (incl. accessories) ||21 kg |
|Net weight mount (incl. accessories) ||9.5 kg |
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter ||50.8 mm |
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.