About this product
Antlia 4.5nm OIII EDGE Filter
Antlia OIII EDGE narrowband filter optimize the FWHM (full width half maximum) to 4.5nm bandpass. The suppression of optical density (OD) 5 on unwanted wavelengths and the excellent transmittance characteristics found in the Antlia 3nm Pro series has been incorporated into the 4.5nm EDGE narrowband filters. The result is that these filters deliver superior SNR (signal to noise ratio) and better contrast in your images. Antlia OIII 4.5nm EDGE filters are designed to deliver 85% transmission at the 500.7nm line that provides you with the maximum signal to reveal the faintest OIII nebulae structures.
Conventional broader narrowband filters cause a heavy loss in transmission due to the strong Centre Wavelength (CWL)-shift. We guarantee T>85% within 1nm range of the centre bandwidth, which means that the OIII 4.5nm EDGE narrowband filters can guarantee high transmittance for working with both long focal ratios and fast optical systems. Blue-shift data shows that Antlia 4.5nm EDGE filters can be used with nearly all systems as fast as f/3 with minimal loss in emission signal and meets the requirements of fast optics.
IMPORTANT: These filters are NOT designed for observing or photographing the Sun. DO NOT use these filters to observe or photograph the Sun. If you do it will result in permanent eye damage!
- 4.5nm FWHM OIII filter - 500.7nm centre wavelength
- High transmittance and smallest bandwidth to maximise contrast
- Steep spectral profile minimises halos around bright stars
- Suitable for imaging narrowband objects: OIII Emission Nebulae, Planetary, Wolf Rayet Nebulae and Supernova Remnants
- Use in light polluted areas and dark sites
- Extends imaging time when the moon is up
- Suitable for fast systems down to f/3 without loss of signal
- Edge blackened to eliminate internal reflections from stray light
- 2mm+/-0.05mm thickness for 1.25", 2" mounted, 31mm and 36mm unmounted
- 3mm+/-0.05mm thickness for 50mm and 50x50mm unmounted
- Fine-optically polished on both sides
Purple Line - Represents the transmission curve of the filter.
The Major Emission Lines of Nebulae: H-α (656.3nm), H-β (486.1nm), OIII (495.9nm) and OIII (500.7nm)
The Major Emission Lines of Artificial Light Pollution: Hg / Mercury (435.8nm, 546.1nm, 577nm and 578.1nm), Na / Sodium (598nm, 589.6nm, 615.4nm and 616.1nm)
Basic Substrate: Optical, Single / Non-glued substrate
2mm+/-0.05mm for 1.25", 2" mounted, 31mm and 36mm unmounted
3mm+/-0.05mm for 50mm and 50x50mm unmounted
FWHM (Full width at half maximum): 4.5nm
CWL (Central Wavelength): 500.7nm
Peak Transmission: >85% Blocking: > 5 OD(0.001% out of band blocking) @ 300-1000nm
Surface Quality: S/D (scratch/dig)= 60/40 (Refer to MIL-O-13830)
Transmitted Wavefront: Lambda/4 or better. Parallelism: less than 30 arcsec
1.25’’(M28.5*0.6) or 2’’(M48*0.75)
Ultra-thin filter cell to minimise vignetting
Black anodised finish Laser engraving
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.