About this product
This multi-functional filter drawer can accommodate both mounted filters (1.25"/2") and unmounted filters (31mm/36mm/50mm) and connect both to the camera side and telescope side with either M42 (T2)/M48 and M54 threaded adaptors.
Please follow the steps below to assemble the Askar filter drawer and use it in your optical system.
- Remove the main body of the Askar filter drawer.
- Choose the correct camera adapter, matching the thread type of your astronomy camera.
- Fix the camera adapter onto the main body with the included 5 x M3×8 countersink screws and M2 wrench.
- Choose the correct telescope adapter, matching the thread type of your telescope.
- Thread on the telescope adapter.
- Connect the filter drawer and your telescope.
- Connect your astronomy camera and the filter drawer.
- Ensure these accessories are tightly connected and the system has the correct back focus. You can add extra spacers to reach the required back focus.
- Choose the correct filter slider according to the filter size you will use. If choosing a 1.25" or 2" mounted filter, directly thread it onto the filter slider. If choosing a 31mm, 36mm or 50mm unmounted filter, gently put the filter into the circular groove and superimpose the filter holding ring. Fix the holding ring with the 3 x M2×4 countersink screws and the M1.27 wrench to hold the filter securely.
- Insert the filter slider into the Askar filter drawer, and it’s ready for astrophotography.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.