About this product
Part Number: 80PHQ
The new Askar 80 PHQ Quadruplet APO Astrograph is the latest in a series of Askar PHQ Flatfield Apos.
The 80PHQ is a portable refractor designed for astrophotography with a corrected field of view up to full frame format.
Due to its medium focal ratio of F7.5 the 80PHQ is also highly suitable for use visually with both 1.25″/2″ diagonals and eyepieces ensuring that the 80PHQ is a true multi purpose telescope.
The Askar 80 PHQ comprises a four-element Petzval design which includes a colour-corrected triplet objective and a corrector lens built into the optical tube, eliminating the need for a separate field flattener and ensuring that the user does not have to worry about precise back focus distances.
The 80PHQ is finished in ivory and features a flawless pimple coating on the main tube which provides extra grip, but also improve its texture.
A pair of clamshell-style CNC-manufactured black tube rings are included featuring two locking screws to loosen or tighten the tube rings simplifying the setup by avoiding the frequent use of small tools like Allen wrenches or socket head screws.
The bright green dust cap, handle, locking screws, focusing knob and decorative rings add to the premium feel of this astrograph, the White and Green finish is the classic combination for the Askar PHQ series.
The 80PHQ features a strong and smooth 3" rack-and-pinion focuser with dual-speed adjustment. The included 80PHQ’ rotator is marked with precise graduation for accurate framing.
The 80PHQ inherits the optical design of the PHQ- family, IE a 3+1 quadruplet lens structure which contains two pieces of ED glass that can effectively reduce chromatic aberration and enhance clarity and sharpness. It’s worth mentioning that all astrographs from the PHQ family come with an integrated lens combination rather than simply placing three major lenses and a corrector together in a line.
This design leads to a more rational lens arrangement, better control of vignetting and superior image quality. The focal ratio of the 80PHQ is f/7.5 which is longer than other Askar Astrographs but still fast enough for effective imaging of many deep sky targets.
The 80PHQ is considerably more compact and lightweight than its larger brother the 107PHQ, ensuring it will work better on smaller and more portable mountings.
- Aperture size：80mm
- Focal length：600mm
- Focal ratio：f/7.5
- Objective lens：Quadruplet air-spaced APO (including two ED glass)
- Image circle：44mm
Maximum accessory connection (with the focuser fully retreated)：
- 1. Imaging mode:
- 115mm（from the base of M48×0.75 male thread
- 135mm（from the base of M54×0.75 male thread
- 155mm（from the base of M68×1male thread
- 168.5mm（from the base of M76×1 male thread）
- 2. Observing mode:
- 148mm（from the end of 2" eyepiece holder）
- Total length：450mm（including 1.25" eyepiece holder as dew shield contracted
- 540mm（including 1.25" eyepiece holder as dew shield fully stretched
- 480mm（including the 4-piece adapter as dew shield contracted
- 570mm（including the 4-piece adapter as dew shield fully stretched）
- Net weight：3.9kg
- Gross weight：4.7kg
- Rear-end thread type：M76×1-M68×1
- M54×0.75-M48×0.75（M48×0.75 filter thread inside）
What's in the box
- 80PHQ OTA
- 1 x Pair of Tube Rings
- Carry Handle
- Askar 300mm Vixen dovetail plate
- A set of 4 photographic adapters
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.