About this product
Part Number: AD055
Astro Essentials 1.25" #15 Dark Yellow Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #15 Dark Yellow Filter
- This filter is good for lunar surface details.
- It also helps with viewing Mercury and Venus during the day. Also helps to reveal low contrast details in Venus’ clouds at night.
- Used to observe Mars it really improves contrast of the surface features and sharpening the boundaries of any yellow dust clouds.
- On Jupiter blue tones are darkened, enhancing orange. This improves the appearance of red bands and festoons.
- Used to observe Saturn it helps to penetrate the haze to study the polar regions.
- If used with a very large telescope it can improve detail of the tiny disks of the remote ice giants Uranus and Neptune. Bright comets benefit by helping reveal detail in their tails.
- Needs to be used on larger telescopes.
- Wratten #15 Dark Yellow Filter
- 1.25" Filter Size with M28.5x0.6 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.