About this product
Part Number: AD063
Astro Essentials 1.25" #29 Dark Red Filter
Astro Essential colour filters for astronomy are most often used to enhance contrast when observing the Moon and planets.
Results depend on seeing conditions, the telescope and the target being observed or photographed but the right filter can make a significant difference when, for example, viewing the lunar surface or teasing detail from Jupiter's weather bands or Saturn's rings.
See our handy guide to colour filters and how they can help improve your lunar and planetary visual observing.
Wratten #29 Dark Red Filter
- This filter assists observing Mercury and Venus in the daytime, particularly the Venus terminator. Used on Mars it enhances the visibility of dark surface features and polar caps.
- Used on both Jupiter and Saturn cloud belt details are enhanced.
- It has also been reported to also help view transits of the Jovian moons across the disk.
- Can be used as an alternative to a Moon filter to enhance contrast (especially near Full Moon) and improve sharpness.
- Being a dark filter with low light transmission means this filter should only be used on larger telescopes.
- Wratten #29 Dark Red Filter
- 1.25" Filter Size with M28.5x0.6 Threads
- Premium optical glass with dyed-in-the-mass colour mounted in a precision metal cell
- Threaded both sides to enable stacking
- Supplied in a protective storage case
- Manufactured by GSO in Taiwan
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.