About this product
Part Number: EAGLECORE-MkII
Do you want to take pictures of galaxies, nebulae and star clusters with your Canon or Nikon DSLR camera but don't want to use a computer? Switch to EAGLE CORE and combine the high performance of an astrophotography telescope with the ease of use of a star tracker! Forget drivers to install, complicated capture software and long cables. With EAGLE CORE DSLR astrophotography is fast and easy! Combining capture and autoguiding software that you control via Wi-Fi from your smartphone or tablet and an innovative power system, you no longer need computers and heavy batteries. All in a Plug-and-Play device very easy to use even for those without experience!
What you can do with the EAGLE CORE:
- Control DSLR and guide camera from your smartphone or tablet with a convenient WiFi connection: you will be able to see in real time pictures of guide stars or of the object recorded by your DSLR camera.
- Remotely control your Canon EOS or Nikon DSLR camera: set acquisition parameters, then start capturing a single image or a sequence.
- Focus your DSLR camera: thanks to a special simplified mode, you can focus on the smallest details of your image, moving the focuser manually and remotely thanks to SESTO SENSO, the robotic focusing motor (optional).
- Remotely control autoguide camera: thanks to the integrated autoguide software, it automatically corrects tracking errors from your telescope's mount (compatible with ZWO ASI120MM-S, ASI120MC-S, ASI178MM, ASI290MM, ASI290MC, the QHY 5II-L and Starlight Xpress Lodestar).
- Use dithering: in order to minimize electronic noise and get a better image when you stack more pictures of the same object.
- Power up to 3 devices (12V): with optional cables and adapters, you can power the DSLR camera, the mount, etc directly from the EAGLE CORE eliminating the need for other batteries and other external power supplies.
Cameras tested and verified for use with EAGLE CORE:
- Canon: EOS 1000D, 1100D, 1300D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 750D, 800D, 20D, 40D, 60D/60Da, 70D, 80D, 7D, 6D, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV
- Nikon: D3300, D3400, D5300, D5600, D7000 (D7000 can't "B" mode), D600, D610, D750, D800E, D810
NOTE: A wide range of cables are available so if you don't see your camera model listed please email us.
EAGLE OS: Integrated software for DSLR Astrophotography
Thanks to EAGLE CORE you no longer need a laptop: it includes EAGLE OS software to control autoguiding and your DSLR camera. You can control all capture and guide parameters directly on the screen of your smartphone or your tablet (compatible with iOS and Android devices) connected to EAGLE CORE through the convenient WiFi connection.
POWER OUT PORTS TO BETTER ARRANGE CABLES CONNECTED TO THE TELESCOPE
Thanks to the innovative patented design, EAGLE CORE has 3 power OUT ports that you can connect (using optional cables) to different devices such as a camera or mount. In this way you will have only one power cable to power EAGLE CORE and other devices and you will reduce not only total consumption but also the number of cables in your setup. You can also use the optional "Eagle-compatible power cable for Canon EOS and Nikon DSLR camera" to power them from EAGLE CORE (removing the battery you will no more have problems with batteries running out of charge during capture!).
There are a wide range of cables covering most mounts available including Astro-Physics, Avalon, Celestron, iOptron (CEM25, CEM60, ZEQ25), Losmandy mounts and Skywatcher.
Cables are also available to connect your CCD/CMOS dedicated camera and are available for Atik, FLI, Moravian, QHY, QSI, Starlight Xpress and ZWO cameras. If we do not have a cable for your mount or camera listed on our website please email us.
DESIGN: INNOVATION IN A COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT DEVICE
All the incredible features of EAGLE CORE are enclosed in a compact, lightweight device with the great PrimaLuceLab design. EAGLE CORE case is made of aluminum blocks that are high precision CNC machined. The aluminum is then sandblasted to achieve a very smooth surface finish and is anodized (hard anodizing) to increase the hardness of the material and protect it from oxidation. EAGLE CORE weights only 520 grams so it does not add too much weight on your telescope mount and allows you to create an incredibly portable setup. All in a device 17cm long, 8cm wide and just 3cm thick.
Mounting the Eagle Core
The EAGLE CORE can be used either in parallel with a telephoto lens and guidescope or piggy backed onto a telescope. In order to use EAGLE CORE together with a telephoto lens (and guide scope in parallel) you have to add "140mm PLUS dovetail bar" to be connected under EAGLE CORE body in order to install everything on the equatorial mount. The upper part of the Eagle Core has a 1 1/4" photo thread to connect a photo ball head and then the camera. If you have an heavy photo lens (for example with focal length higher than 200mm) you can add the "PLUS Vixen+Losmandy dovetail clamp". Then you can connect the "PLUS 90mm Vixen dovetail bar" under the camera and then connect everything in the dovetail clamp. The guide scope is installed, using the optional 80mm PLUS guide rings and PLUS raisers, to be fixed on the side of EAGLE CORE. In order to use EAGLE CORE with a telescope (and guide scope in parallel) you can connect it in many different ways and it's compatible with all telescopes on the market: you can fix it on top of PLUS support rings (for example when you use a refractor) or you can add the dovetail clamp Vixen+Losmandy PLUS and connect to any Vixen or Losmandy style bar. Above EAGLE CORE body you can connect PLUS guide rings with guide scope (where to insert the guide camera).
Included in the Box:
EAGLE CORE comes with an astrophotography introduction user manual (in English and Italian) that not only shows how to use EAGLE CORE but also teaches the basics of astrophotography including how to properly set the equatorial mount, what is autoguiding and how to set it up properly, why stacking more pictures together in needed and more.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.