About this product
Part Number: EQ5-DK-LT
The Asterion EQ5 Drive Kit Light is an opportunity to significantly expand the functionality of your EQ5 Mount.
This drive kit provides a high quality dual drive upgrade to manual Skywatcher EQ5 and similar mounts.
Providing precise control of the mount even at very high magnifications, the EQ5 Drive Kit Light features an ST-4 compatible guide port to allow autoguided photography.
This upgrade features high-precision stepper motors in metal housings equipped with a belt drive. This ensures precise tracking and smooth operation of the EQ5 DriveKit Light.
The set includes a hand control box that allows you to quickly change the operating modes of the drives and control the mount without interruption to your observing.
The handset contains a magnet inside which makes it convenient when you need to quickly change an eyepiece or perform other manipulations with the telescope. You can quickly free your hands by placing the handset on the steel tube of the telescope or the counterweight of the mount.
The handset can be conveniently attached to the tripod, and the package includes accessories for cable management.
When connecting a guide camera via the ST-4 port, the controller switches the system to automatic guiding mode. An astrophotographer can set up and control the process using popular software such as Maxim DL, PHD2, etc.
Combined with the high drive accuracy, the EQ5 Drive Kit Light permits accurate guided long exposures and expands the astrophotography potential of the EQ3 mount.
- Compatible Mounts: Sky-Watcher EQ5, Celestron CG-5, MEADE LXD, Vixen FR, GP (-DX), GPD2, Orion SkyView, Bresser EXOS-2/EQ5 and analogues
- Guidance speeds with the hand control: 4x, 16x, 64x, 200x, 600x
- Auto Guidance: Port ST-4 (guiding speed 0.5x)
- Accuracy: RA - 0.46", Dec - 0.46"
- Power supply: 9-12V, at least 2A
- Power socket: 2.1x5.5mm ("+" per center pin)
- Package dimensions: 16x16x16cm
- Weight: 1.8kg
Please note NO power supply is included with Asterion products
What's in the box
- Drives for RA and Dec with cables
- Hand remote control
- Set of pulleys and belts
- Set of fasteners and keys for mounting drives
- Velcro 3pcs for cable management
- User's manual
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.