The ATIK 314L+ camera is based on the highly successful ATIK 3 platform. In addition, the 314L+ has full set point temperature regulation to make taking matching dark frames a snap.
Atik 314L-Plus Review by Craig Stark, PhD, Astrophoto Insight
Now includes easily accessible desiccant chamber
Benefits of the ATIK 3 platform include
- USB2 performance for fast download speeds
- 1 Megapixel/second readout, or 2 Megapixel/second in preview mode
- advanced electronics provide the best readout noise characteristics
- lightweight cases put less stress on your focuser
- compact and symmetrical camera design allows use with fork mounts, as well as Starizona's Hyperstar system
- low power consumption - 12V, 0.8A - means longer imaging sessions in the field
- highly efficient set point thermoelectric cooling - to 27°C below ambient temperature
- software-controlled cooling for automated operation
- features an ST-4-Compatible port and can be used as a guide camera as well as an imager
Like its brother the ATIK 314E, this camera draws on all the advantages of this popular and highly successful platform. However, the ATIK 314L+ incorporates the exceptional Sony ICX285AL ExView 1392x1040 sensor with larger 6.45µm pixels, making it suitable for use on a wide range of telescopes.
Readout noise is typically 4 electrons rms making this an extremely sensitive camera, and data download takes only 1.8s for a full-frame readout, or 0.9s in preview mode.
Atik's highly regarded Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, plug-ins are also included to allow use with Astroart, CCDSoft, and MaximDL.
System requirements: Pentium II PC with 64MB RAM, Windows 98/XP/Vista, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
Power: Any quality-made 12 volt (11-13.8v) regulated or switch-mode power supply capable of around 3A will suffice. Please phone for advice if unsure. Technical Specs: Sensor Type
: CCD - Sony ICX285AL datasheetCCD to front of camera distance
: 12mmHorizontal Resolution
: 1392 pixelsVertical Resolution
: 1040 pixelsPixel Size
: 6.45 µM x 6.45 µMADC
: 16 bitReadout Noise
: 4 e-Interface
: USB 2.0 High SpeedPower
: 12v DC 0.55AMaximum Exposure Length
: UnlimitedMinimum Exposure Length
: 1/1000 sGuide Port
: ST-4 compatibleCooling
: Thermoelectric set point with max ΔT=-27°CWeight
: approx. 400 gr
In the box:
Camera body with 1.25” adaptor
3 meter USB cable
1.8 meter battery power connector (with car lighter plug)
CD-ROM with drivers, software and user manual (PDF)
Quick start guide (printed)