About this product
The Apx60 is the latest addition to Atik’s growing portfolio of CMOS sensor cameras. Utilising the Sony IMX 455 sensor, the Apx60 is their most advanced CMOS camera to date. The 61.17 megapixel sensor is perfect for large format, wide field views with outstanding detail, breaking through the boundaries of what is traditionally expected from a CMOS camera.
This camera offers exceptional build quality with innovative features such as in situ levelling and a built in USB hub.
This 61.17 megapixel sensor has low read noise, high quantum efficiency, and 16 bit analogue to digital conversion which is revolutionising amateur astronomy.
In addition to offering some of the defining features of CCD astrophotography cameras in a CMOS form, the Apx60 also seamlessly integrates with Atik's advanced software solutions. The camera has a large memory buffer to prevent image artefacts and dropped frames. Furthermore, the Apx60 comes with a built-in USB hub, high performance cooling, anti-condensation and anti-reflection optics, as well as in situ levelling for easy adjustment. Completed with Atik's exceptional premium electronics and build quality to deliver incredible images.
Sony´s back-illuminated CMOS image sensor has improved sensitivity and noise reduction - the result is a smooth image with incredible sensitivity (80% QE).
The APX60 offers the latest in low noise and high QE CMOS technology with a fantastic high resolution full format sensor and is revolutionising wide field deep sky imaging.
It is fully compatible with Atik's EFW-3 Filter Wheel.
- Sony IMX455 Sensor
- 9576 x 6388 3.76 μm Pixels
- Huge, Full Frame Sensor - 36mm x 24mm
- Zero Amp Glow!
- Regulated Tec-Cooling: 35 degree below ambient temperature, -40°C with short exposure
- Extremely low read noise - TBC
- Digitisation (MPPS): Limited by USB 3 speed
- 16Bit ADC
- Full Well Capacity: 50,000e
- Max Exposure: Unlimited
- Min Exposure: TBC
- Electronic shutter - no issues with vibrations sometimes found in mechanical shutters
- PC Interface: USB3.0
- Power Requirements: 12VDC, 5A
- Back Focus Distance: Default = 17mm +/- 0.5mm; Without Levelling Plate = 9.5mm +/- 0.5mm
- Thread On Front: M54 x 0.75
- Weight: 1KG
- Overall Dimensions: 89mm x 152mm
- Monochrome or Colour
What's in the box
Whats In The Box
- Camera body with 2” adapter
- 3-metre USB cable
- 1.8-metre battery power connector (car lighter plug)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.