About this product
Part Number: 10275
New Wi-Fi Sky-Watcher Star Discovery 150i f/5 computerised go-to parabolic newtonian reflector.
The Sky-Watcher STAR DISCOVERY P150i has been designed for wireless control using your Smartphone or Tablet, via the free SynScan App for iOS or Android.
The supplied Synscan™ Wi-Fi module creates it’s own Wi-Fi network so the mount can be used anywhere, without any reliance on other WiFi or mobile networks.
After entering your coordinates into the App and following a simple alignment procedure, you are ready to explore the universe using the App’s intuitive touchscreen menu.
The STAR DISCOVERY P150i and SynScan™ App provides full computerised GO-TO control, enabling the telescope to be automatically slewed to any of the 10.000+ celestial objects in the App’s extensive database.
Incorporates Sky-Watcher’s Freedom-Find™ patented Dual-Encoder Technology, which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observing sessions.
With its useful 150mm (6") aperture and a highly regarded parabolic primary mirror the STAR DISCOVERY P150i is a capable all-rounder for observing of the Moon, bright planets, nebulae, galaxies and star clusters. It is also easy to carry and transport.
NOTE: The 150i telescope has a non-collimateable primary mirror. Please contact us for more info.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x30 & x75
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x300
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 150mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 750mm (f/5)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Parabolic Set Primary Mirror
- Red Dot Finder
- 1.25” Rack & Pinion Focuser
- Star Discovery AZ Go-To Alt-Azimuth Go-To Mount with Dual-Axis Tracking
- Freedom-Find™ Dual Encoder Technology
- Synscan™ Wi-Fi Adaptor Module
- Controller: Free SynScan App for iOS and Android mobile device or Synscan Hand Controller (available separately)
- SynScan App Database: Total 10,000+ Objects. Deep Sky Objects: 10759, including Messier, NGC, IC, Caldwell Catalogues, Named DSOs, Named Stars: 305, Double Stars: 55, Solar system objects: 7 planets, Sun , Moon. (Unlimited objects when working with a 3rd party planetarium software).
- SynScan App Alignment Method: Brightest Star Alignment, North-Level Alignment
- SynScan App's Other Features: Tonight's Best Sky Tour, Point and Go with a mobile device, Identification of Celestial Objects, Remote control over Internet, User defined objects, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE)
- 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen type dovetail saddle
- Interface: SynScan Hand Control Port, DSLR Shutter Release Port (optional cables available separately)
- Connectivity: ASCOM platform for Windows PC, Mobile planetarium App for iOS and Android ( SkySafari Plus/Pro, more are coming).
- Power Requirement: 12v DC 1Amp Power Supply (Tip Positive) or 8 x AA Batteries (not supplied)
- Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended
- Stainless Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 33% more Light Gathering than 130mm
Telescope Field of View Simulator
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. What is the payload capacity of this mount?
The official quoted payload capacity is 5kg.