The new Sky-Watcher Star Discovery mount is an upgraded version of the AZ Go-To mount and features FreedomFind™ dual encoder technology. This allows the telescope, once aligned, to be moved manually or electronically in either axis without the mount losing its alignment or positional information. After moving to a new object the mount will continue to track it accurately.
With motors on both axes the Star Discovery mount can automatically slew a telescope to any subject from the Synscan V4 computerised handset database of over 42,900 night sky objects, including objects from Messier, IC, NGC and Caldwell catalogues, the planets, named stars, double stars, variable stars and even user-defined objects such as new comets.
Accepts telescopes fitted with a regular Skywatcher/Celestron/Vixen-style dovetail bar.
- Supplied with Synscan V4 Computerised Handset
- SynScan™ Database: Total 42,900+ Objects, including Complete M, NGC, IC & SAO Catalogues
- Alignment Method: Two-star or Brightest star alignment
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE) feature
- Unknown Object Indentification feature
- Freedom-Find™ Dual-Encoder Technology
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing Speeds: 1.0x, 2.0x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axis Tracking
- Payload Capacity: 5kg
- Quick release Clutches for Manual Override
- Adjustable Stainless Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
- Accepts 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen type dovetail bars
- Quiet Operation
- Electronic DSLR Shutter Release SNAP Port (optional cables available separately)
- PC Compatible: can be used with popular Planetarium Software.
- SynScan Handset Firmware upgradeable via the Internet
- Power Requirement: 12v DC Power Supply (Tip Positive) or 8 x AA Batteries (not supplied). Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended.