About this product
Part Number: 2957165
Fits onto all Baader Steeltrack® focusers, Classic and Diamond.
High precision temperature compensated drive system for remote operation of Baader SteelTrack focusers.
- High precision focusing motor for very heavy loads (up to 8 kg), with temperature compensation.
- Timing belt eliminates backlash.
- Fits onto all Baader Steeltrack® focusers (classic and Diamond).
- Can be adapted to other brands of focuser with optional adaptors.
- Contactless Homing Sensor for precise homing and repeatable approach of saved absolute positions as well as reference to the mechanical endstop – perfect for remote observatories.
- Includes an intuitive hand control with back-illuminated keys to quickly change between normal speed, jogging mode and single step mode
- 12 V / 1A PWM power output: e. g. for a dew shield heater. A dew shield heater can be connected with an optional adapter cable (sold separately). The temperature can be controlled precisely via the temperature sensor(s) attached to the Steeldrive
- Remote-focusing is possible with a PC with USB-port.
- Includes powerful SteelGo-software (as a download).
- Nylon head screws
- Made in Germany: The housing is made in our house from CNC-milled aluminium. The electronic boards are also made by a German manufacturer to Baaders design and specifications.
Baader intend to offer the Hand Controller and Motor unit as separate units.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.