INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- 76° Morpheus© Eyepiece
- Standard foldable eyecup
- Winged / foldable eyecup for binoviewing
- Storage Box
- Three Dustcaps
- Cordura eyepiece holster
Baader Morpheus eyepieces offer a wide 76° field of view with pin-sharp stars edge to edge, even with fast telescopes.
Rare-earth glass elements and ‘Phantom’ optical coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces provide maximum light transmission.
Blackened lens edges and interior enhance contrast and minimise ghosting.
Long eye-relief and soft silicon-rubber eyecups make them comfortable to use, even when wearing spectacles.
Sealed watertight housing protects the interior from dust and moisture.
Glow in the dark photo-luminescent markings make it easier to identify the correct focal length. Also, a short lightstroke with a flashlight will have the letters shine for up to three minutes so - even in total darkness - Morpheus-eyepieces can be easily found when lost on the ground.
Designed to be as compact and lightweight as possible so an excellent choice for use with binoviewers. Also incorporates an M43 thread so suitable for photo/video.
A new ‘Safety Kerfs’ finish (ridged surface) has been applied to both 1.25” and 2” barrels to prevent the eyepiece slipping in the focuser draw tube.
Supplied with winged eyecup and a ‘quick-draw holster’ storage pouch that can be worn on a belt.
- Full field Sharpness: Sharp flat 76° field is unsurpassed by any other modern Super-Wide-Angle eyepiece. On-axis sharpness and contrast rivals Baader's best planetary eyepieces, while delivering nearly equivalent performance over the full field. Stars remain pinpoints as you move away from centre and the field remains flat and in focus, even in short focus telescopes.
- Long Eye Relief: Delivers close to 20 mm of eye relief which, together with soft silicon-rubber eyecups, provides a comfortable viewing experience. Even when wearing eyeglasses.
- Low Distortion: The Morpheus optical design delivers exceedingly low distortion (angular magnification distortion). Planets and lunar features retain Their shapes as they transit the field and the true field sizes are close to theoretical.
- Immersive Views: The subjective 'spacewalk' feeling is not only a function of field of view. Interestingly, some wide-field eyepieces with fields of 82 degrees fail to deliver the same viewing experience as others with similar fields, or even some with smaller fields. Eye Relief (and the related large eye lens size) and ease of viewing (a combination of long eye relief and control of aberrations) also play a part. With this in mind Baader designed their Morpheus eyepieces to deliver a truly "immersive" viewing experience.
- Phantom Coatings: First developed for the Hyperion series, Baader's Phantom Group optical coatings have been Further optimised for use in the Morpheus range and index-matched to each of the different glasses.
- Internal Baffling: As with all Baader Planetarium eyepieces, the internal design has been ray-traced and baffled to eliminate the effects of stray-light.
- Optimised for Binoviewing: Every last bit of space has been squeezed out of the main body to reduce it's diameter making it an excellent choice for use with binoviewers (more space between the eyepieces for your nose!).
- Weight reduction: Unnecessary weight has also been reduced. Most of the weight of a Morpheus eyepiece is the glass lens elements! The body has also been sealed to prevent dust and moisture reaching the inner lenses.
- Foldable Eyecups: Soft silicon-rubber foldable eye guards (see images below) provide comfort and assist in eye spacing. A special winged eyecup is also supplied which shields against stray light.
- Safety Features: Baader have applied their new 'Safety Kerfs' surface to the 1.25" and 2" barrels to prevent the eyepiece inadvertently slipping out of the focuser. The numerous shallow Kerfs provide additional grip and security when compared to regular smooth-sided barrels, without 'catching' on the focuser's brass compression-ring (a problem sometimes associated with wide milled safety undercuts). Morpheus eyepieces also feature a waffle-patterned rubber handgrip for secure handling.
- Photo-Video: Like their Hyperion siblings, all Morpheus eyepieces make excellent image projection optics. A hidden M43 photo-video eye lens thread permits use of Baader's extensive range of Hyperion Digital T-Rings for direct-thread attachment of practically any imaging device.
360° Product Tour
Eyepiece Field of View Simulator