About this product
This useful 2x Barlow Incorporates a camera-thread for photography and a removable barlow lens cell so can be used a number of ways:
1. With an eyepiece - the Barlow increases magnification by 2x.
2. With a camera attached for astrophotography - useful when you want to increase magnification or where lack of infocus is a problem.
3. With the Barlow lens cell removed - the remaining body and nosepiece can be used as a straightforward non-magnifying camera adapter or a 1.25" 34mm focus extension tube.
4. The removed Barlow lens cell can be screwed directly to any eyepiece, imaging camera or webcam fitted with a 1.25" nosepiece (via the filter thread). When used this way the gain in magnification varies according to spacing.
- 2x Achromatic Short Barlow Lens
- T-threaded for attachment to T-Rings for Astrophotography
- Metal Constructions
- 2-Element Fully Multi-Coated Optical Design
|Average Rating (3 Reviews): |
Thursday, 28 May 2020 | Ben
This piece of kit is great when starting out. It enables you to double your arsenal of eye pieces with out spending loads of money. This was a great help to me as I’d just spent all my money on buying a scope and was the cheapest option to expand.
This was brought as a package I put together. FLO were excellent to deal with, and will have customer loyalty going forward from me.
Astro Essentials 1.25" 2x Barlow with T thread
Friday, 17 April 2020 | Antony
I can't comment to much on this item as i have only just started to get into astronomy,but will say (the item appears to be well made ,and does what it is supposed to.),there are better Barlow's out there for a much higher price, but for someone starting out ,and not wanting to pay loads of cash for one just yet, this would be a good starting point i feel. Be carfull where you buy from especially auction sites as cheap can be a bad investment.
Thursday, 26 March 2020 | Valentino
It is not the best, but it does magnify the image 2x and rarely dim the image and it is one of the lightest Barlow I've used.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.