About this product
Part Number: 0218780
Explore Scientific premium 2" 2x / 3x Barlow / Tele-Extender an excellent choice for visual observations and astrophotography.
With tele-extenders it is possible to extend the effective focal length of a telescope system, resulting in higher magnification for the observation of the moon, the planets or small Deep-Sky objects with the same eyepieces. So you can use the advantages of eyepieces with longer focal length - such as the bigger eye distance and the more relaxed observing comfort - at high magnifications also.
These tele-extenders incorporate a tele-centric optical design that delivers a excellent image sharpness over the whole field of view and are premium choices for visual observations and astrophotography. The combination of excellent fully multi-coating with superior optical design makes the Focal Extenders superior to classic Barlow lenses.
- Four-lens tele-centric tele-extender 2x
- Multiplying the effective focal length by: 2x
- Fully multicoated design with four lenses
- Tele-centric optical design for excellent sharpness
- All lens edges blackened for maximum contrast
- Eyepiece and teleextender barrel size: 2"
- 2" Filter thread
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |Great Looking but yet to test out
Thursday, 28 May 2020 | Michael
It looks fantastic, it feels good to the touch and it is quite heavy., but in a good way. Looking forward to my first field test.
First Light with ES 2x Focal Extender
Saturday, 22 February 2020 | David
Very little opportunity to test out ES 2x Focal Extender due to terrible weather, however a few thoughts and highlights.
1) It is heavy! Needs considering for some equipment and potential uses (e.g. on a Dob-mounted Newtonian with an already heavy eyepiece).
2) Well constructed. It looks and feels solid. A real upgrade from my existing "with scope" 2x Barlow. (Although to be fair the Sky Watcher 2x Barlow is not bad.)
3) Visual observations of moon paired with Altair 152mm refractor and X-CEL XL 12mm eyepiece (+ adaptor) - brilliant! One of those "works perfectly without dramas" moments. Suspect this combo will become a "go to" when seeing allows.
4) EAA with Atik Horizon OSC. Worked well to visualise small, bright planetary nebula - NGC 2392 in Gemini.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.