INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- Powertank Lithium Pro
- Tripod Strap
- Telescope Power Cord
Incoming - Expected Summer 2018
The PowerTank Lithium Pro is for the true power user! This higher capacity unit is the latest version of the bestselling PowerTank Lithium. PowerTank Lithium Pro offers twice the battery capacity of the original, making it ideal for more demanding applications.
PowerTank Lithium Pro features the right ports and connections to accommodate a variety of devices. You’ll find a 12V DC 5A telescope power port (Celestron cable included), a 12V DC 10A car battery adapter port, and two 5V DC USB ports - one 2.1 A and one that supports rapid charging.
The power pack’s extremely portable form factor means it can go anywhere from a remote dark sky location for astroimaging to a weekend of camping. When it’s powering your telescope, use the included 2” straps to secure the unit to your tripod leg where it is out of the way.
One side of the unit features a strip of LED lighting in both bright white and red. This turns the unit into a convenient safety light during star parties or a work lamp to clean up your observing area when the night is done. You can even use it as a bright emergency light during a power failure and illuminate an entire room of your home.
PowerTank Lithium Pro can also travel with you on your next vacation. At 158.74 Wh, it meets current FAA regulations (160Wh) from transportation in your carry-on baggage. Please check in advance with your airline to verify they do not have stricter policies.
Advantages of Celestron’s LiFePO4 Battery
Powered by Celestron's Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery, PowerTank Lithium Pro is smaller, lighter, and safer than sealed lead acid batteries. The technology is also more environmentally-friendly since it does not use toxic heavy metals.
PowerTank Lithium Pro’s LiFePO4 chemistry holds up to 2000 charge cycles and has an un-recharged shelf life up to 10 years. That means you won’t have to remember to recharge your battery every few months like with a sealed lead acid battery. Its large, 17-hour capacity and lack of maintenance make PowerTank Lithium Pro the ideal choice for an emergency kit. Store one in your home, your garage, and even your office.
- Extra-large capacity portable power pack featuring Celestron’s LiFePO4 battery technology
- Powers your telescope for up to 17 hours
- Features 2 USB ports for charging other devices, plus a 12V car battery adapter port
- LED light panel provides bright white or red LED illumination for up to 25 hours
- Perfect for astronomy, camping, emergency kits, anywhere you need portable power
- Meets current FAA regulations for carry-on baggage
- 158.74 Wh equivalent to approximately 13.22 Ah when running at 12v
The Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries.
- The LiFePO4 has an un-recharged shelf life of 10 years compared to 3 years for the Lithium Ion and 6-9 months for a Sealed Lead-Acid battery.
- The battery performance of the PowerTank Lithium degrades at a much slower pace than other chemistries.
- The LiFePO4 can be charged and discharged 2000 times compared to only 500 for a Lithium Ion battery and 300 for sealed lead-acid designs.
- The batteries will last as long as the telescope you use it with!
- The LiFePO4 uses phosphates instead of environmentally hazardous elements like cobalt or lead commonly found in other rechargeable batteries.
- Can withstand higher temperatures than lithium-ion designs and will not be a fire danger if accidentally punctured.
This combined with it’s rugged design make it the perfect outdoor power supply.