About this product
Part Number: 4716416
Now includes high-quality full aperture Solar-filter for safe observation of sunspots, eclipses and planet transits.
The BRESSER Messier 6 inch f8 Planetary Dobsonian provides high performance at a relatively low price.
With its 150 mm aperture and long 1200 mm focal length, observations of the Moon, planets and planetary nebulae are especially impressive.
Observe lunar craters and details in the ever-changing shadows cast by the terminator (line between light and dark side of the lunar surface).
Observe Saturn's impressive ring system and Jupiter's weather bands and easily-visible moons. The crescent phase of Venus and the glowing red planet Mars are other good targets for this telescope.
Though designed primarily for detailed high power visual observation, brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula, or galaxies Messier 81 and 82, etc, can also be easily observed.
The telescope's long focal length also enables high magnifications without especially short focal length eyepieces, making for a more comfortable viewing experience.
If you later wish to use the telescope for astrophotography you can simply unscrew the altitude wheels from the tube and mount the telescope onto a suitable Equatorial mount (requires a dovetail mounting bar).
The included eyepiece adapter has a commonly used T2 connection thread (M42x0.75mm) to which almost every standard camera can be attached (requires a camera-specific T2 adapter ring).
USB planetary imaging cameras with 1.25 inch or 2 inch diameters can also be used directly with this telescope (for lunar or planetary imaging a tracking mount is desirable but not essential).
Supplied with an optical 6x30 viewfinder and a good quality 25 mm SPL eyepiece.
For transport to a Star party or other dark sky location the the rocker box uses quick release metal furniture connectors so can be easily dismantled then reassembled on site.
- High quality BRESSER Newtonian optics
- Ideal telescope for planets, moon, double stars and planetary nebulae
- Sun observation through the included sun filter is possible
- Mirror diameter: 150 mm
- Focal length: 1200 mm
- Aperture ratio: F/8
- Smooth 2 inch 50.8mm Rack and Pinion focuser
- Primary mirror from low thermal expansion glass
- Easy to move metal tube for balancing
- Easily assembled rocker box with accessory tray
- Tube mounting on altitude wheels using tube clamps
- Telescope can be removed then fitted to other astronomy mounts (dovetail mounting bar required)
- Different sized adjustment and counter screws on the mirror cell
Telescope Field of View Simulator
What's in the box
- Optical tube
- Dobson Telescope Mount (disassembled for self assembly)
- Aperture Solar Filter
- Optical 6x30 viewfinder
- 25mm SuperPlössl eyepiece (Ø 31.7 mm / 1.25 inch')
- 1 Extension tube 25mm for 2 inch focuser
- 1 Eyepiece adapter diameter 31.7 to 50.8 mm
- 2 Tube clamps
- 2 Altitude wheels
|Optical design ||Newtonian Reflector |
|Magnification from ||30 |
|Maximum recommended magnification ||300 |
|Secondary mirror diameter ||45 mm |
|Mirror/Lens diam. ||150 mm |
|Focal length ||1200 mm |
|Aperture ratio ||8 |
|Angular resolution ||0.86 arc seconds |
|Finderscope ||6 x 30 mm |
|Mount Type ||Dobson |
|Material OTA ||Metal |
|Fine movements ||Manual (RA and DEC) |
|Bearing in alt-azimuth / RA ||Plastic Plain bearing |
|Focusing system ||2" Rack-and-Pinion Focuser |
|Colour ||white |
|Extended warranty ||10 years |
|Net weight OTA (incl. accessories) ||8.3 kg |
|Total length ||45 cm |
|Total width ||45 cm |
|Total height ||128 cm |
|Tube diameter ||175 mm |
|Tube length ||800 mm |
|Net Weight total (incl. accessories) ||16.1 kg |
|Net weight mount (incl. accessories) ||7.8 kg |
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter ||50.8 mm |
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.