About this product
Part Number: 4716415
Now includes a full aperture Solar-filter for safe observation of sunspots, eclipses and planet transits. A good choice then for night and solar observation.
The Bresser Messier 6" is a good choice for beginners and experienced astronomers looking for a convenient, high performance, portable, easy to use Dobsonian telescope.
Supplied almost entirely pre-assembled and includes a LED-finder, 25mm and 9mm Kellner eyepieces and Moon filter, so you can begin observing in minutes.
Simply place the telescope on a table in your garden, allow the mirror to cool to ambient temperature, then point the telescope to the target you wish to observe. A built in compass and circular level facilitates speedy setup.
Can be used to observe solar system targets such as the moon and planets. The 6" (150mm) aperture is also large enough to observe some deep sky targets, like globular and open star clusters, nebulae and galaxies.
The high quality parabolic main mirror provides greater image sharpness and contrast, when compared to telescopes fitted with cheaper spherical mirrors, and the 55mm secondary mirror provides good illumination of the image field.
The optical tube can be moved inside the tube rings enabling the user to easily find the optimal balance and observing position. The optical tube can also be removed then fitted to an equatorial mount (available separately) in minutes.
Please note: Newtonian Reflector telescopes are very good for astronomy but are not suitable for daytime terrestrial observing.
- Optical design: reflector telescope
- Mirror diameter: 150 mm / focal length: 750 mm / F/5
- Maximum recommended magnification: 300x
- telescope for night and solar observation
- 2.0'' rack & pinion focuser
- primary mirror made from optical glass
- large 55mm secondary mirror
- many accessories included - ready to use
- pre-assembled ex-factory
- easy to move the tube
- optics can be attached to other mountings
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Max Recommended Magnification: 30x
- Secondary Mirror Diameter: 55mm
- Main Mirror Diameter: 150mm
- Focal Length: 750mm
- Focal Ratio: F5
- Max Angular Resolution: 0.92 Arc Seconds
- Finderscope: LED Red Dot Finder
What's in the box
- Parabolic Newtonian reflector
- Aperture solar-filter
- Dobsonion Telescope mount
- LED viewfinder (battery included)
- 25mm and 9mm Kellner eyepieces (Ø 31.7 mm / 1.25'')
- Moonfilter (Ø 31.7 mm / 1.25'')
- 1 eyepiece adapter Ø 31.7 to 50.8 mm (Ø 1.25''/2.0'')
- 2 tube clamps with GP dovetail adapter
- Instruction manual
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |
08 September 2022 | Alan
I’m new to astronomy, so still trying to find what works for me. The Bresser Dobsonian looks well constructed and appears to have quality components. Very little collimation required (using a laser) and uses decent sized thumbscrews to aid adjustment. The focuser feels slightly stiff, but assume this should relax after use. The supplied Solar mask is excellent for viewing the sun. The red dot Finder is very basic and has already been upgraded, but it will get you started. I haven’t used the supplied lenses as I’d already bought a Celestron zoom, which is better quality. One disappointment was the free moon filter. It’s made of plastic and cross threaded as soon as I tried to install it, so went straight in the bin! Overall I feel I will keep the Bresser for a long time. Astronomy is addictive and I’m still buzzing after my first good look at the Moon, with all its amazing detail. At some point I’ll start with astrophotography, but that will involve yet more upgrades
16 August 2022 | David
I've only had the scope for a week or so and I feel a little intimidated by it as I'm a total novice when it comes to star gazing and astronomy. I'm going to methodically go through the online guide to make sure that I get the most out of my investment. Looking forward to getting into a new hobby!
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.