About this product
Part Number: 22407
The Inspire 90 is a short refractor telescope perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing on the go. The Inspire can view the planets, moon, star clusters and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy at night and with the erect image star diagonal makes the optical tube ideal for using as a spotting scope during the day.
Setting up the telescope is a breeze and will have you observing in no time. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customize the telescope’s height or place it on raised surfaces like a picnic table. The total telescope kit is lightweight and perfect for impromptu observing sessions or transporting wherever life’s adventures take you.
The Inspire 90 comes with two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), a 90° erect image diagonal, an integrated smartphone adapter, a finderscope, and a red LED flashlight. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications to view your intended object. The erect image diagonal allows for right-side-up viewing ideal for terrestrial subjects but can also be used for celestial objects. The Star Pointer finderscope will help you quickly center an object in your eyepiece for easier observing. The mount has a red LED flashlight built-in. Turn the flashlight on to illuminate your accessory tray with a soft red glow. The flashlight can easily be removed from the mount to provide red light where you need it most.
Image celestial or terrestrial objects with the supplied smartphone adapter! With its light, rigid frame, this accessory allows you to connect any smartphone to any telescope eyepiece with an outside diameter of 45mm or smaller. The additional magnification provided by the eyepiece allows your phone to capture great images of the Moon, planets, and terrestrial targets like birds and wildlife. This smartphone adapter installs easily by clamping over the top of an eyepiece. The smartphone is held in position with the help of bungee cords that securely lock your phone in place. While the vast majority of smartphones can be used with the case on, some very large and/or bulky phone cases (such as folio style cases) may need to be removed for the phone to fit in the adapter.
- Easiest setup of any entry level scope. With the folding accessory tray you just pop the tripod legs open, turn the lock knob and you’re ready to go.
- Bold new design - The main telescope lens cap comes with a fully integrated smartphone adapter built-in, perfect for the budding astrophotographer. The asymmetrical mount design offers light weight and remarkable stability. Erect image optics enables a fully correct image for easy viewing day or night, terrestrial or astronomical.
- Red LED flashlight - Stowed in the center of the mount head, the flashlight can be used to gently illuminate the accessory tray or can be removed for use as a spotlight when needed.
- Focus micrometer - Allows quick return to a specific focus point for specific targets (bird nests, infinity focus, etc.)
What's in the box
- Inspire Telescope & Mount
- StarPointer Pro Red Dot Finderscope
- 1.25" Erect Image 90º Diagonal
- 10mm Kellner Eyepiece
- 20mm Kellner Eyepiece
- Red Led Flashlight
|Optical Design ||Refractor |
|Aperture ||90mm |
|Focal Length ||660mm |
|Focal Ratio ||f/7.3 |
|Optical Coating ||Fully coated glass optics |
|Eyepiece/Magnification ||20mm Kellner (1.25”) / 33x |
10mm Kellner (1.25”) / 66x
|Star Diagonal ||Erect image 90 degree (1.25”) |
|Finderscope ||StarPointer Pro |
|Other Accessories ||SkyPortal app, Celestron's Starry Night Basic Edition Software |
|Resolution ||Rayleigh: 1.55 arc seconds / Dawes Limit: 1.29 arc seconds |
|Light Gathering Power ||165x the unaided eye |
|Highest Useful Magnification ||213x |
|Lowest Useful Magnification ||13x |
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude ||12.3 |
|Tripod ||Steel, 1.25” diameter, 1194mm (47”) max height, Vixen style dovetail fitting. |
|Included Items ||90mm telescope tube, mount with tripod and folding accessory tray connected, red LED flashlight, 90 degree erect image diagonal, 20mm & 10mm Kellner eyepieces, StarPointer Pro finderscope, Free download of SkyPortal |
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Celestron Inspire Series Manual (PDF)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.