NEW Celestron CGX Mount
21 September 2016 | Steve
The new Celestron CGX mount, revealed only yesterday at Photokina, offers an impressive feature-set that includes:
- New motors for more torque.
- Belt drive system to minimise backlash and for quiet operation.
- Spring-loaded Brass worm gear and stainless steel worm wheels for both axis.
- Home and Limit optical sensors and hard stops for remote operation.
- All Star polar alignment.
- Nexstar hand control with new USB port.
- 20-degrees of additional tracking past the Meridian on each side.
- 3-65 degree Latitude range.
- Relatively compact design considering it's impressive claimed 55 lb load capacity.
- Integrated carrying handles.
- PEC sensor / PPEC ready.
- Convenient internal cabling, USB and auto guider ports.
- 2x Aux ports to support SkyPortal Wifi and StarSense auto-align accessories.
- New software developed together with PlaneWave Instruments; uses the same software engine used in 'observatory-class telescopes' for remote imaging.
- No third party advanced PC control software is necessary.
- Optional Polar Axis Finderscope.
See our Celestron CGX mount page for more information and an introductory video.