New Sky-Watcher SynScan Hand Controller Firmware
2 CommentsTuesday, 6 December 2016
Sky-Watcher have released new SynScan hand controller firmware for version 3 and 4 of their handsets.
What's new in this update?
- 1. A "Solar Track Mode" is added in the UTILITY menu.
- To use this new function:
- Polar align the equatorial mount or level the base of the Alt-Az mount.
- Finish the initialisation on SynScan. No alignment is needed.
- Activate "Solar Track Mode." Now the mount will start working at solar tracking speed until exiting the "Solar Track Mode".
- Center the Sun in FOV with SynScan hand controller.
- Start observing.
- Warning: Your telescope must be capable of observing the Sun safely. Never view the Sun without a suitable Solar Filter!
- 2. Optimise the procedure of restoring from Parking.
- 3. Fix minor bugs.
Download Firmware Updates
SYNSCAN HAND CONTROLLER FIRMWARE V4.39.03 (Version 4 Handsets)
SYNSCAN HAND CONTROLLER FIRMWARE V3.39.03 (Version 3 Handsets)
Firmware Update Instructions
Instructions for how to perform an update can be found here.