About this product
Part Number: SP10585
Please note this barlow is occasionally branded 'Astro Essentials'.
Remarkably high performance-per-£!
A 2x barlow fits in-between the telescope and eyepiece and doubles the eyepiece magnification.
This compact 1.25” BST StarGuider 2x barlow with fully multicoated 3-element air-spaced optics features enhanced colour correction, high contrast and excellent light transmission.
It's compact size makes it suitable for use not only with Newtonians but also telescopes fitted with a diagonal such as refractors and Schmidt-Cassegrains.
It also has 26mm clear aperture so can be used with long focal length eyepieces with minimal vignetting.
The sturdy anodised aluminium body uses an anti-marring brass compression ring and thumbscrew to grip the 1.25” eyepiece securely. The smooth-sided nosepiece is threaded to accept 1.25” astronomy filters.
- Doubles the magnification of 1.25” astronomy eyepieces.
- Provides longer eye-relief and improved edge sharpness at a given magnification.
- 3-element design offers superior colour correction compared to two-element Barlows.
- Fully multicoated optics for high contrast and maximum light transmission.
- 26mm clear aperture reduces vignetting.
- Compact design suitable for use with Newtonians, refractors and Schmidt-Cassegrains.
- CNC-machined anodised aluminium body with anti-marring brass compression-ring.
- Nosepiece threaded to accept 1.25” filters.
Eyepiece Field of View Simulator
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |
Friday, 22 January 2021 | James
This is a great little barlow lens, I am quite new to astronomy and got this to go with my 25mm and 10mm eyepieces (which were supplied with my scope) to an amateurs eye I can't see any problems with it, it feels like good, solid build quality and I have had excellent views of the stars and the moon when using it.
Wednesday, 12 August 2020 | Neil
Great Barlow at a great price it does not darken image to much , bottom unscrews so can be used with out body I have used it with the ASL224 camera
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.