About this product
Part Number: SP10850
BST StarGuider ED eyepieces offer remarkably high performance-per-£!
Features include two ED glass elements and fully multicoated edge-blackened optics for excellent colour, enhanced contrast, high light transmission and minimal ghosting.
The six-element / four-group design minimises field curvature for a nice flat field, even when used with telescope f-ratios as low as f5.
Modern twist-up eyecups, 16mm eye relief and 21mm diameter eye-lens makes them comfortable to use, even when wearing eyeglasses.
The tactile rubber grip and milled indentations make them easy to handle in the dark and the 1.25“ nosepiece includes a safety undercut so the eyepiece is less likely to slip out of the focuser. The 1.25” nosepiece is also threaded to accept 1.25“ astronomy filters.
- Two ED glass elements minimise chromatic aberration.
- All air-to-glass surfaces are fully multicoated for high contrast, high light transmission and minimal ghosting.
- Blackened lens edges reduce internal reflections and further increase contrast.
- Six-element / four-group design minimises field curvature for a nice flat field.
- 16mm eye relief (suitable for spectacle wearers).
- Large 21mm eye-lens diameter for comfortable observing.
- Convenient screw-out eye cups.
- Tactile rubber grip for easy handling in the dark.
- 1.25“ nosepiece with milled safety undercut.
- Accepts 1.25“ astronomy filters.
- Suitable for use with telescope focal-ratios f/5 and above.
Eyepiece Field of View Simulator
|Average Rating (4 Reviews): |Great high power eyepiece
Tuesday, 15 February 2022 | Roger
Well matched to shorter focal length telescopes to deliver high power without the need for a barlow. Good wide field and generous eye relief make it easy to use. Excellent value.
Thursday, 21 January 2021 | Michael
Haven't had chance to look through eyepiece yet,looks very good,very made
Wednesday, 8 July 2020 | Ian
Ordered and received within 48 hours in excellently secure packaging.
Fairly terrible, cloudy weather since purchase (as usual!) but got a small window to use it on a low moon and was staggered by the views (375x in a 400x max scope). I cannot wait to get some proper Lunar viewing throughout the year and very pleasantly surprised as it was a punt due to the high mag on my scope.
Friday, 22 May 2020 | Ian
This is a potent eyepiece, when used it the right circumstances. It gives fantastic close-ups of the lunar details, when circumstances permit. It's quite striking to see Mizar A and B through it, too!
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.
Q1. But aren't these the same as ........ ?
Probably... BST (BarSTa) Starguider ED eyepieces are available under a number of brands but we source them with their original factory name.
Q2. Are these noticably better than the 10 & 20mm eyepieces supplied with my telescope?