FLO Says: Kids love the Astromaster 70EQ because it 'looks' like a telescope (a long tube with a lens at the front, an eyepiece at the rear, mounted on three legs) and, considering it’s low price, it is remarkably well made.
About this product
Part Number: 21062
Essentially the same telescope as the Celestron Astromaster 70AZ but mounted on a German-Equatorial (GEQ) mount. The GEQ mount takes a little longer to setup but enables easier tracking of targets at high magnifications. An optional tracking motor is also available that will automatically track targets as they move across the sky.
Please don't let it's low price mislead you, the Celestron Astromaster 70EQ is not a department-store toy. The 70mm aperture, long focal-ratio and coated optics provide pleasing views of Jupiter and some of it's moons. Saturn with it's rings is easily identifiable and the lunar surface will show a wealth of detail. Some of the brighter deep-sky targets are also within reach including the Orion nebula, M13 Globular cluster in Hercules and the beautiful double-star Albireo.
Includes 10mm & 20mm Celestron eyepieces.
- Easy no-tool setup
- Permanently mounted StarPointer
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial observing and astronomy
- Quick release dovetail attachment - no tool setup
- German Equatorial mount - easier to track targets at high magnification
- Rugged pre-assembled tripod with 1.25" steel tube legs - Provides a rigid and stable platform
- All coated glass optics for clear, crisp images
- Tripod accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
|Aperture (mm)|| 70 mm (2.76 in)|
|Focal Length||900 mm (35 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||45 x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm)||10 mm (0.39 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2||90 x|
|Star Diagonal|| Erect Image Diagonal - 1.25"|
|Mount Type||CG-2 Equatorial|
|Tripod||1.25" steel tube legs|
|Highest Useful Magnification||165 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||10 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||11.7|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)|| 1.99 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.66 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)|| 100 x|
|Apparent Field of View||1.1 °|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds)||58 ft (18 m)|
|Optical Tube Length||36 in (914 mm)|
|Warranty||2-year Telescope Warranty|
Downloads / Manuals
The following manuals and downloads are available for this product:
Quick Setup Guide for AstroMaster 70EQ and 90EQ (PDF)
AstroMaster Manual (90EQ and 130EQ) (PDF)
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.