INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- CGEM II Equatorial Head
- CGEM II Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- Counterweight bar with locking nut
- Azimuth adjustment screws (x2)
- Hand Control
- Hand control holder (2 pieces)
- DC Power Cable (Cigar Plug)
"It is the mark of a good manufacturer when we find ourselves often saying how enjoyable it is to use its mounts, and Celestron's CGEM II is no exception. Well designed and engineered, easy to operate and with great tracking for both visual and imaging purposes, the CGEM II is highly recommended in its own right, or as an upgrade from a CG-4 or AVX." Paul Money writing for BBC Sky at Night Magazine
The CGEM II's new features, over the original CGEM, include a dual-saddle, graduated markings on the tripod legs, USB 2.0 connection on the hand controller, PPEC, dedicated auto guider port and the ability to track past the meridian.
A very impressive mount capable of carrying 18 Kg (40 lbs) of payload and slewing at 5° per second so you can quickly and easily point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
CGEM II features large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Features Celestron’s innovative All-Star Polar alignment procedure. All-Star allows you to accurately polar align the mount using any star, even if the celestial pole cannot be seen. Another great feature that will please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South) the CGEM II will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM II mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects. Celestron's CGEM II mount sits nicely between the Advanced VX Series and CGX Series and will appeal to visual astronomers and astroimagers.
CGEM-II MOUNT FEATURES
- 40 lbs payload capacity
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle
- 2" steel legs with height index marks for quick levelling
- USB 2.0 port on hand control for direct links to a PC via ASCOM supported software
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Internal cabling throughout for worry-free remote operation
- Low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation
- Able to track past the meridian allowing seamless imaging
- Permanent periodic error corrections allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors once, while the mount retains the PEC recordings
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Built-in polar alignment program to polar align on any star in the sky
- Longer clutch levers to make tightening and loosening of clutches easier
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- Solar System alignment method allows to view the moon and planets during the day
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) corrects periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows to set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory