INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- 17 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 6 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 2x Barlow Lens/T-Adapter - 1.25”
- #80A Blue Filter - 1.25”
- #25 Red Filter - 1.25”
- Moon Filter - 1.25”
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
The Celestron Observer’s Accessory Kit is a great way to expand the functionality and enjoyment of your telescope.
- This Celestron eight-piece accessory kit enhances the performance of your telescope
- Includes two high-quality 1.25” Plossl eyepieces, a 2X Barlow lens that can be used visually or photographically, three eyepiece filters, a cleaning cloth, and a case
- With two extra eyepieces and a Barlow lens, you’ll have four different magnifications to choose from
- A Moon filter helps to dim the bright light from the Moon, making it more comfortable to view so you can see more detail! The two color filters (Red and Blue) highlight features on Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.
- A hard plastic carry case keeps everything safe in the foam-lined interior
Eyepieces - The 17 mm and 6 mm Plossl eyepieces can be used in any telescope with a 1.25” focuser. Each eyepiece features a four-element design with a 52º apparent field of view. The lenses are fully multi-coated to improve light transmission and protect the optics. The 17 mm Plossl eyepiece offers a nice medium magnification view in most telescopes, and the 6 mm Plossl provides high magnifications, great for the Moon and planets, especially when seeing conditions are good.
2x Barlow Lens/T-Adapter - The included versatile 2x Barlow will double the magnification of any 1.25” eyepiece. The 17 mm Plossl included in this kit will double in power, effectively becoming a 8.5 mm eyepiece, and the 6 mm will provide the magnification of a 3 mm. Any other 1.25” eyepieces you already have will also work in this desirable accessory, giving you even more magnification choices. Remember, high magnifications do not always produce clear, sharp results, especially on evenings of poor or moderate seeing conditions. Experiment to find the magnifications that are best for you and your telescope. T-Threads are machined into the top portion of this Barlow lens, allowing a user to attach a camera with the addition of an optional T-Ring. Instructions for attaching your camera are included with the Observer’s Accessory Kit.
Filters - Colored filters bring out certain details on a planet’s surface or its cloud structure. Both planetary filters, as well as the Moon filter, can be used on any 1.25” eyepiece with the proper filter threads. Just screw one onto your eyepiece of choice and slide it into the focuser.
- The #80A is a medium-blue filter that enhances the contrast of the cloud belts on Jupiter and the polar ice caps on Saturn. It also can be used to increase contrast on the Moon if you don’t mind the color shift.
- The #25 filter is a deep red color and is a good choice when you want to define the polar ice caps on Mars. It’s also fun to use this filter when observing Jupiter. The #25 Red filter blocks quite a bit of light coming through your telescope, however, so it is best used on bright objects with larger aperture telescopes.
- The Moon filter is one of the first accessories most new amateur astronomers buy, and for good reason! It helps block out a portion of the light the Moon sends into your eyepiece so you can see details better. You can also try this filter on Venus; it blocks enough glare so that the planet’s phases can more easily be seen.
Cleaning Cloth and Case: Keep the microfiber cleaning cloth stashed in your Observer’s Accessory Kit so that it will always be handy. Use it to safely remove fingerprints and smears from your optics without leaving residue behind. Remember to blow or brush any dust particles off of your optics before rubbing them with the cloth.
The black plastic carry case has die-cut foam inside to protect and cushion your accessories. Keep each one in its appointed place when not in use and you’ll keep them looking and performing like new. The case is large enough to carry a few extra accessories safely.