About this product
Part Number: 94006
The hugely popular StarSense accessory from Celestron is now available for Sky-Watcher mounts.
StarSense allows a computerised Sky-Watcher mount to automatically align itself with the night sky.
No need for a laptop. The StarSense is a standalone device, the clever processing and wizardry is onboard.
The StarSense camera and hand control both plug into the interface box which in turn plugs into the mount's hand control port - in minutes your mount is aligned and ready to use.
Compatible mounts: HEQ5, EQ6, EQ6-R, AZ-EQ5, AZ-EQ6, EQ8 and AZ SynScan compatible mounts.
Please note, this is suitable only for the Sky-Watcher mounts above, if you have a Celestron mount please see the Celestron StarSense Accessory for Celestron Mounts.
Telescopes and mounts shown in photos are not included :-)
- Automatically align your computerized Sky-Watcher mount with StarSense.
- No need to identify or locate any star in the sky – StarSense will automatically align your telescope, so you can begin observing in minutes. Plug and play compatibility (see compatibility list).
- Replaces the SynScan hand control, uses the Celestron StarSense hand control and StarSense camera. Comes with mounting bracket that is compatible with most Celestron and Sky-Watcher optical tubes.
- 3 AUX port accessories: Supports StarSense and optional GPS accessory. Lightweight and easy to attach with the included tripod strap.
What's in the box
- StarSense Hand Controller
- StarSense Camera
- Large and Small Mounting Brackets
- Interface Box
|Average Rating (1 Review): |Starsense and light pollution
Friday, 2 March 2018 | Ian
We live in a pretty light polluted area, and I also use a discreet pulley and lightweight camping tarpaulin to block a streetlight from the garden, so I wasn't hopeful......
But it worked perfectly, first time, even with a slightly lazy polar alignment on an HEQ5.
I like it a lot
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.