About this product
If you are looking for the ultimate in automated GOTO astronomy, this is it!
The Celestron Skyprodigy 6 offers Celestron's hugely successful 6-inch SCT telescope on what is arguably the easiest GOTO mount available. Simply turn it on, the Skyprodigy mount will look up and self align in only 3 minutes. An excellent choice for automated back-garden astronomy.
Combines electronic motors, an intelligent on-board computer, a digital camera and StarSense™ technology to create an automatic, instant alignment telescope that requires no input from the user. Simply turn it on, push a button and enjoy the view! It’s that easy.
The automatic alignment process takes only a few minutes, then you will be ready to select from thousands of objects to view. Not sure what to look at? Select the Sky Tour option; this feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world!"SkyProdigy is a ground breaking new robotic telescope from Celestron"
Celestron Sky Prodigy 6 Review by Astronomy Magazine
SkyProdigy 6 - General Features
SkyProdigy 6 - Telescope Features
- Fully Automatic Alignment Procedure
- Fully Computerized Altazimuth Mount
- Quick-Release Fork Arm Mount and Maksutov Optical Tube for Easy, Quick No Tool Set Up
- Sturdy Stainless Steel Tripod and Accessory Tray
- 'Celestron Starry Night' planetarium software (downloadable online) provides education about the night sky.
- 152mm (6") aperture
- f9.87 Schmidt Cassegrain optics with XLT lens coatings
- Latest StarBright® XLT coatings
SkyProdigy 6 - Computerized Mount Features
- Proven Computer Control Technology
- Database Allows Telescope to Automatically Locate Over 4,000 Celestial Objects
- Proprietary StarSense Technology Provides a Completely Automatic Alignment Process with No User Intervention Required
- Upgradeable Hand Control Software for Downloading Product Updates Over the Internet
Optical Design : Schmidt Cassegrain
Weight : 23 lbs (10 kg)
Aperture : 152mm (5.98")
Focal Length : 1500 mm
Focal Ratio : 9.87
Finderscope : StarPointer
Mount : Fully Automotic Motorized Altazimuth with GOTO
Eyepiece 1 : 25 mm Magnification 60 x
Eyepiece 2 : 9 mm Magnification 167 x
Accessory Tray : No Tool, Quick release
Tripod : Steel
Computer Hand Control : Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable
Slew Speeds : Nine slew speeds: 3°/sec, 2°/sec, 1°/sec, .5°/sec, 32x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x
Tracking Rates : Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes : Alt-Az Alignment Procedures : StarSense Automatic Alignment, Solar System Align
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.