About this product
Part Number: CT-27030-1.25M
The LoGlow Light Pollution Filter provides balanced colour for the visible spectrum while blocking most emission from metal-halide and vapour lamp sources which together contribute so much to sky glow.
- Durable sputter coatings
- Parallelism: <30 arcsec
- Thickness: 3.0 +/-0.05mm
- Filters designed for use with CCD and for f/4.0 or slower
- Transmitted wavefront better than 0.25 waves/inch
- No reflections leading to image distortions or ‘back reflections’
- Transmission more than 94% average across the visible spectrum
- Blocking OD1.4 for metal halide and vapour lamps
Cleaning and Handling
Handle coated pieces by the edges only. Clean gently only if necessary. Loose particles should be removed with a bulb puffer or filtered, pressurised air cleaner. If necessary, gently wipe surface using anhydrous alcohol and lint-free lab towels. Use new surface of towel with each wipe.
- AVOID TOUCHING OR WIPING A/R COATED OR METAL MIRROR SURFACES
- AVOID HANDLING EXPOSED COATINGS WITH BARE FINGERS
Proper orientation of the filter is necessary in order to minimise autofluorescence and maximise performance. There is a caret (arrow) located on the edge of each filter in order to aid orientation. Excitation (x) filters should be positioned with the arrow pointing toward the specimen, toward the inside of the cube, and away from the light source. Emission (m) filters should be placed with the arrow pointing toward the specimen, toward the inside of the cube, and away from the detector/eye. Dichroic mirrors should be mounted with the coated surface toward the light source, excitation filters, and the specimen. The dichroics either have an arrow on the side pointing to the coated side, or they are beveled on the coated side. The beveled side is the smaller surface.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.