INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- 2" MPCC Mark II Coma Corrector
- T2 to 1.25" Eyepiece Holder / Helical Focuser
- VariLock 29 Lockable T2 Extension Tube
Updated MPCC Mark III Photo-Visual Set - Now more adjustable!
For imaging with DSLRs, only the MPCC is required.
For visual use an adapter and spacer is necessary. This kit provides the solution.
The kit consists of:
and additional parts:
- 2458125 T2 to 1.25" Eyepiece Holder / Helical Focuser
- 2956929 Varilock 29 Lockable T2 Extension Tube
- No change in focal length or field size, an f4 Newtonian remains f4.
- Newly calculated lens system - designed for an unvignetted field down to f3.5
- Maximum sharpness across the field - without center soft spot
- Accepts T-2(M42x0.75) and/or 2"(M48x0.75) threaded photographic- or visual-adapters
- 2" stopping collar removable to increase backfocus
- For photographic and visual use
- Easy to use
- exceptional price/performance ratio
- Phantom Group™ multicoated for maximum transmission and freedom from reflections from UV to NIR
- Optional adapter for direct coupling of the MPCC III directly onto the Baader CANON EOS protective T-ring
- 44mm clear aperture when using the M48(2") filter-tread or the Protective T-ring with optional adapter
Coma corrector for Newton telescopes, that neither reduces the focal length nor the image field of your telescope
Large parabolic mirrors are perfectly apt for Deep Sky imaging since they deliver a very large field and enable very short exposure times. However this comes at the price of off axis coma and some residual astigmatism. Coma will distort off axis stars into "comets" which effectively reduces the usable field considerably. Many companys offer various lens systems as solution to counteract coma, most at the downside of increasing the original focal length and reducing the field of view. An f4 optics may become an f4.5
The Multi Purpose Coma Corrector Mark III eliminates coma across the full photographic field without manipulating the focal length. The proprietory lens design has our Phantom Group™ wideband multicoating on all air to glass lens surfaces. This treatment delivers highest transmission combined with lowest amount of scatter and reflections across a very wide spectral range from UV to NIR. The original MPCC had been designed for an f/ratio of f4.5 to f6. The new Mark III however works exceptionally well even down to f3.5. Stars remain pinpoints across the field and the visual use likewise is made much easier - with the help of the 2" (M48) male filter thread at the eyepiece facing side.
The MPCC III is designed to be the most variable coma corrector in the market today. It mounts into every 2" focuser and fits CCD-filter wheels and off axis guiders of various manufacturers.
With the optional T-Spacer (# 245 8405) you will be able to couple the Mark III directly to the Baader Protective Canon DSLR adapter - with or without mounted various filter.
The MPCC MIII Version for either visual or photographic use contains of the following parts, otherwise see the common description for the MPCC above.