About this product
Part Number: .8QPE
The DayStar Quantum PE is made specially to order - the lead time is typically 6-8 months.
The Daystar precision Quantum housing incorporates ALL of the desired features for today's solar astronomer... and then some. Operation couldn't be simpler, just plug it in and a green light indicates when the filter is onband.
The housing offers live LCD readout of the filter's wavelength output (accurate to 0.1Å) and red /blue wing shift buttons that can precisely tune wavelength up or down for Doppler studies. The unit operates at 12VDC for field or battery use, included is a 100-240 power supply with US, European, UK and Australian adapter wall plates and even includes a serial port for computer control capability for on-screen display of filter readout. The new Quantum Series body style is all about ease of operation.... total simplicity.
The Quantum PE grade series is designed for professional research studies and applications in which precision homogeneity and on band transmittance values across the substrate surface are required. These filters require additional quality control steps and additional fabrication and testing time. Typical delivery times for PE Grade filters is 3 to 6 months.
- 0.8 ångström - Filters with 0.8 ångström bandwidths will reveal prominences in high contrast.
- 0.7 ångström - Filters with 0.7 ångström bandwidths will reveal prominences in high contrast and occasionally, surface texture. Prominences are generally larger with .7Å filters than in narrower bandwidths.
- 0.6 ångström - Filters with 0.6 ångström bandwidths will reveal some surface contrast as well as prominences. A .6Å filter can be a good compromise for those having a difficult decision.
- 0.5 ångström - Filters with 0.5 ångström bandwidths will reveal better surface contrast as well as great prominences.
- 0.4 ångström - Filters with 0.4 ångström bandwidths will reveal excellent surface contrast as well as fine chromosphere detail.
- 0.3 ångström - Filters with 0.3Å ångström bandwidths will reveal superior surface contrast above any other filter. Views are generally somewhat dimmer. Expect "Pencil-Thin" details on surface and prominence features.
Please Note All DayStar Hydrogen a filter assemblies need to be used in conjunction with a lens cover and Energy Rejection Filter.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.