About this product
Part Number: SECHTR100
Secondary Mirror Heater for 8" or 12" Newtonian Telescopes
A convenient solution to dew and ice forming on your secondary mirror.
Easy to fit and very effective. - everything you need is supplied.
When fitted simply plug the RCA/phono plug into your 12V dew heater controller.
"At the end of the night, everything was dripping wet (including the laptop!), but the secondary mirror was perfectly dry!! So in my book, that is a resounding success!" - Steve Oates, astrophotographer
Currently we have two sizes available:
- 70 x 50mm elliptical mirror as found in 8" telescopes such as Skywatcher 200P and Celestron 8-N
- 100 x 70 mm elliptical mirror as found in 12" newtonians
What's in the box
- Secondary heater PCBA
- 50cm cable with female RCA connector
- 1.5m male to male extension cable to plug into dew controller
- Thermally conductive double-sided tape to fit PCBA to back of mirror
- Black insulating tape to fix the cable to the support vanes
- Current on 12V continuous: 250mA
- Power on 12V continuous: 3W
- Dimensions (70-50): 60mm x 50mm
- Dimensions (100-70): 80mm x 70mm
- Central suppoert: 35mm
- Cable length 50cm plus an included / detachable 1.5m extension cable
|Average Rating (4 Reviews): |Tight fit around mirror support, but ok
Tuesday, 22 March 2022 | Paul
Not used this in earnest as yet but it warms up! Power output of the smaller version is 1.6Watts at 12V and requires 14V to get 2Watts, I propose to use this with a PWM power controller and Li ion battery pack. Once I had found the instructions on on 4tronix web site installation was ok, although it would have been helpful if they had provided some cotton gloves which cost very little but who has a pair of these hanging around the house? Very neat looking once installed and cable is easily hidden along the edge of a spider leg. I am looking forward to giving it a trial.
Also fits the 150PDS secondary
Wednesday, 13 October 2021 | Daniel
Sizes of the 200PDS and 150PDS secondary mirror holders are identical and the dew heater fits this also.
Sunday, 11 April 2021 | David
Simple to fit , everything needed supplied , my only thing I would change is the cable I would prefer a single cable from dew heater to controller or at least an option when ordering also add a few self adhesive cable clips to allow for cable to be attached to ota , I modified a hole used to keep white trim in so I could pass cable out ota and still use ota end cap, easily modified with a flat file also you need to groove the plastic trim so allowing cable space without snagging ,
Thursday, 1 April 2021 | Al
Works really well and took just moments to fit!
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.