About this product
Part Number: SECHTR
Secondary Mirror Heater for 8" Newtonian Telescopes
A convenient solution to dew and ice forming on your secondary mirror.
Easy to fit and very effective. - everything you need is supplied.
When fitted simply plug the RCA/phono plug into your 12V dew heater controller.
"At the end of the night, everything was dripping wet (including the laptop!), but the secondary mirror was perfectly dry!! So in my book, that is a resounding success!" - Steve Oates, astrophotographer
Designed specifically for SkyWatcher and Celestron 8" Newtonian telescopes, but may fit other similar models.
What's in the box
- Secondary heater PCBA
- 50cm cable
- Thermally conductive double-sided tape to fit PCBA to back of mirror
- Black insulating tape to fix the cable to the support vanes
- Current on 12V continuous: 250mA
- Power on 12V continuous: 3W
- Length: 60mm
- Width: 50mm
- Central suppoert: 35mm
- Cable length 50cm *
* An RCA extension cable to reach your dew controller may also be required.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.