About this product
Part Number: lynxastro_heated_shield_8
Lynx Astro premium quality flexible heated dew shields, made in the UK.
Robust design using modern materials for high performance and long life!
Wrap the dew shield around the end of your telescope tube near the optics and secure it with the integrated Velcro. A gentle heat is then transferred to the optics until the temperature is slightly warmer than the dew point.
An inner black felt liner prevents stray light from entering the telescope, so enhances contrast.
Dimensions are 86cm long and 26cm wide.
This shield has a double velcro strap, so dimensions are 80-86cm long, depending on where you join the two ends.
Please check the circumference of your telescope to ensure it will provide a good fit (a few cm are necessary for the velcro areas to overlap).
Will I need a Dew Controller?
A simple 12V Dew Heater Supply Cable can be used to connect the tape to a suitable 12V power-supply. When connected this way, the tape is essentially running on full power. This won't harm the tape, but with smaller telescope apertures, it might result in the optic being warmer than necessary, which can affect the view and waste energy. The solution then is to use a Dew Controller that regulates the heat (also enables you to use more than one heater tape).
- Suitable for use with most 8" / 200mm diameter telescopes.
- The modern heating element provides even heat distribution and low power consumption.
- Produces 14W of heating power.
- Requires approximately 1.17Ah at 12v / full power.
- The outer thermal insulating layer prevents heat loss.
- 2m silicone cable remains flexible even at low temperatures.
- RCA / Phono Plug with moulded strain relief - works with most dew controllers.
- Velcro ensures a snug, secure fit.
- Internally flocked with black felt to prevent reflections.
- Smooth inner fabric protects the telescope's finish (doesn't scratch or mar the surface).
- 12v power supply required.
- Two years no-fault replacement warranty.
|Average Rating (1 Review): |
30 April 2023 | Darren
Its a Substantial piece of kit and it does what it says on the tin what more can I say
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.