About this product
Part Number: 2956100
This finely crafted 2" dielectric 1/10 wave diagonal from Baader Planetarium features their patented ClickLock system for fast and secure clamping of 2" eyepieces and accessories.
The durable scratch resistant dielectric mirror maximises light transmission and is figured to 1/10th wave surface accuracy to minimize aberrations. It also also rejects deep UV and IR radiation, making it suitable for solar viewing with all White-Light and H-alpha Solar Filters.
A fine diagonal that will upgrade the optical train on any telescope equipped with a focuser that accepts 2" eyepieces.
- Oversized 2" dielectric 1/10 wave mirror
- Scratch resistant hard coated mirror surface for safe cleaning, even if subjected to a harsh environment
- Mirror rejects deep UV and IR radiation, safe for solar viewing with all White-Light and H-alpha Solar Filters
- Largest possible clear aperture for widefield application
- Smooth outer shape without sharp corners
- Baader ClickLock 2" Clamp for ultrafast secure clamping action
- Clamps heavy accessories effortless, with fingertip action
- 2" nosepiece with large clear aperture, removable
Note: A 2"-1.25" adapter is required when using smaller 1.25" fitting eyepieces.
|Average Rating (3 Reviews): |
Friday, 12 April 2019 | David
Someone said to me that once tried you can't do without it and it's right! Very secure fit and easy to clamp. Very well made and I am confident clamping my Ep's. A very nice item now I just need the 1 1/4 adaptor!
Must be the best diagonal on the market
Friday, 27 April 2018 | Alan
I have owned many diagonals over the years and this is my favourite and the only one that I still own! If you have never enjoyed a "Baader Clicklock" then you are missing out on the ease that you can change your eyepieces at night in the dark and in winter with your gloves on! The construction is rock solid too.
Very well constructed diagonal
Saturday, 10 February 2018 | John
This is a very well-constructed diagonal, and yes the mirror is significantly larger than in some other 2 in star diagonals, and will not restrict the field of view of any 2in eyepiece. The stated light path of 112mm is also quite accurate, this can be quite important with refractors where there is a limited amount of travel on the focusing mount, and some manufacturers quote an inaccurate figure or no figure at all.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.