About this product
Part Number: 2458055
A telescope can be used with a variety of attachments to cover a range of interests. I.e. an eyepiece, a camera, a spectrometer, etc. But a telescopes has only one port. Changing accessories at night in the dark is not good for the nerves! A flip mirror provides a convenient solution and after using one, you will wonder how you managed without!
The Baader Flip Mirror II is more than a simple flip mirror. Being a Baader product, considerable thought has gone into its design.
1. Straight-through (M48/T-2 on both sides) for full-frame camera, spectrograph, or other instruments
2. Top-mounted T-2-thread for eyepiece holder, video-module (up to 32mm diameter fov) – or even a binocular-viewer
3. Bottom-port prepared to accept the optional Baader Off-Axis-Guider prism-assy (part of RCC-OAG #2956950) or an optional ThAr-lamp for motorised intermittent calibration of spectra
- Precision first surface mirror w. Enhanced-Al coating, for discriminating work w. small pixel cameras
- Backside of flip-mirror is also Al-coated and masked, to direct the light of an optional spectral calibration-lamp onto a spectrograph-slit
- Designed to enable precise adjustment of all optical pathways
- Shortest backfocus for each application – utilizing the wealth of adapters of the Baader Astro T-2 system, M48 system and UFC system
- front and rear M48 rotation-adjustment rings made from hardened stainless steel, matched to the BFM main body for zero play and for rotating and locking the BFM main-body in the optimum rotational alignment with any conceivable accessory equipment
- Readily accepts the Baader Universal Filter Changer system of parts (UFC system)
- Prepared to accept an optional motorised timing belt – as a core-tool for remote imaging, guiding and spectroscopy
Sku (#) 2458055
Optical Length (mm) 55 mm with S52, 59 mm with M48/t-2
Dimensions (mm) 63 x 77 x 69
Inner Connection (lens Sided) thread, Dovetail Ring Clamp, S52, T-2 (m42 X 0,75), M48
Inner Connection (eyepiece/-camera-sided) thread, Dovetail Ring Clamp, M48, S52
Outer Connection (eyepiece/-camera-sided) thread, M48
Type Of Adapter variable
Weight (g) 195 g
The Baader Flip Mirror II Instruction Manual pdf
What's in the box
- Baader FlipMirror II Star Diagonal – with fine-optically polished, movable mirror
- Laterally adjustable T-2a top ring
- 2x M48i / S52 Dovetail ring made of hardened stainless steel # 2958552
- Reducing ring M48a / T-2i # 2958553
- Reducing ring M48a / T-2a # 2958554
- Inverter ring M48a / M48a # 2958555
- Pin type face wrench for M48 / T-2 and M4 counter nuts
- 3 mm screwdriver for M 4 brass adjustment screws
- 4x hex keys (2.5 / 2.0 / 1.5 / 1.3 mm). The 2.0 mm wrench has a ball head to reach screws even when accessories are mounted by holding the wrench at an angle.
- Bottom flange (laterally adjustable 1mm) for off-axis guide or calibration lamp for spectroscopy
- Dust cap for bottom flange
- 2 x M48 dust caps
- T-2 dust cap
|Average Rating (4 Reviews): |
14 October 2023 | Steve
First chance of using the flipmirror last night ... The unit performed exceptionally well
It is very well made (as you would expect from Baader) the attachment combinations are easy to arrange and assemble
Finding those planets is a simple process even at the long focal lengths with the powermate attached
Saves a lot of time - more time on image capture
a good piece of equipment for the optical train
Highly recommended - 5 star
Thanks FLO for your advice and speedy deliver - also 5 star
22 July 2021 | Les
This is a good addition to the toy box. I currently use it with an illuminated reticule eyepiece in one port and a camera in a second. There is the option of an OAG in the third but that's not for me at the moment. This is spot on and I can see it getting a lot of use. In this configuration it easily allows me to confirm that the object is centered.
Baader Clicklock flip mirror star diagonal
25 January 2021 | John
It seems that Baader have adopted the SLR mirror system with good effect, so it would seem to make a very simple but effective item. I havenít had the chance to try it on my telescope yet but everything fits to everything else so when I get the next order through I will be able to use it properly. Seems very well made, sturdy useful star diagonal.
10 November 2020 | Mark
I got this to make it easier to align objects in my SkyMax 180 because I was getting very frustrated trying to get some pictures of Mars. The ability to look through an eyepiece to centre an object and then to quickly switch over to the camera is such a timesaver, especially with a very small sensored planetary camera. I will mention that you will need some extra items to connect everything up and add an eyepiece, luckily over the years I've aquired loads of adapters, an adjustable eyepiece focuser is essential so you can get the eyepiece and camera focussed at the same point.
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.