Latest model featuring newly developed parabolic mirror with glass ribs fused together in an oven, not glued.
The Sky-Watcher StarGate 450p Dobsonian with it's huge 18" aperture and f4.1 focal-ratio provides the ultimate WOW factor for visual astronomy enthusiasts.
The elegant and rigid all metal truss-tube design is easily transportable when unassembled and can be assembled ready for use in less than 20 minutes.
The mount provides smooth manual operation in both Alt and Azimuth axes.
Delivers outstanding performance on planetary and deep-sky targets.
Includes a fabric light shroud with supporting ribs and a 9x50 finderscope.
31% more Light Gathering than 400mm.
Please note: Skywatcher Stargate Dobsonian telescopes have fast large aperture Newtonian optics so are best suited to experienced astronomers. If you are unsure whether one will suit your requirements please contact us before placing an order.
- Primary Mirror: 458mm (18 inches) parabolic with silicon-dioxide overcoat
- Secondary Mirror: 120mm
- Focal Length: 1900mm (f/4.1)
- Eyepieces Supplied: 10mm (1.25") & 28mm (2”), also 1.25" collimation tool
- Dual-Speed 2" Crayford Focuser with 1.25” adaptor
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- Alt-Azimuth mount (Metal construction)
- 31% more Light Gathering than 400mm
- Maximum height assembled: 198 cm (6.5 ft)
- Base diamater: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Heaviest single item (mirror/rocker box): 34 kg (75 lb)
- Overall weight 76 kg (168 lb)