New 20" Synscan GoTo version of the Sky-Watcher StarGate 450p Dobsonian
Featuring a newly developed mirror with glass ribs fused together in an oven, not glued.
The Sky-Watcher StarGate 500p Dobsonian with it's huge 20" aperture and f4 focal-ratio provides the ultimate WOW factor for visual astronomy enthusiasts.
The elegant and rigid all metal truss-tube design is easily transportable when unassembled and can be assembled ready for use in less than 20 minutes.
The mount provides motorised operation in both Alt and Azimuth axes, and can slew the telescope automatically to, and track over 42,900 night sky objects from the Synscan handset's extensive computerised database.
Features Freedom-Find™ Dual-Encoder technology, which also allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without losing it's alignment or positional information, giving the user enormous convenience and flexibility during observing sessions. Simply push the telescope close to the object and let the computer do the rest of the work!
Delivers outstanding performance on planetary and deep-sky targets.
Includes a fabric light shroud with supporting ribs and a 9x50 finderscope.
61% more Light Gathering than 400mm.
Please note: Skywatcher Stargate Dobsonian telescopes have fast large aperture Newtonian optics so are best suited to experienced astronomers. If you are unsure whether one will suit your requirements please contact us before placing an order.
- Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x71 & x200
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x1016
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 508mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 2000mm (f/4)
- Eyepieces Supplied: 10mm (1.25") & 28mm (2”)
- Collimating Eyepiece (1.25")
- Dual-Speed 2" Crayford Focuser with 1.25” adaptor
- Parabolic Primary Mirror (Patented weight saving design)
- 136mm Secondary Mirror
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- Fabric Light Shroud
- Alt-Azimuth Go-To mount (Metal construction)
- Transmission: Worm + Timing Belt + 64 Micro-step/0.9º Stepper Motor Drive
- Patented 'Freedom-Find' Dual-Encoder design allows manual movement without losing positional information
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc-minutes (RMS)
- Gear Ratio: Azimuth 400, Altitude 1523.796
- Synscan Computerised Handset with 42,900+ Object Database
- Power requirement: DC11V/5A ~ 15V/3A
- 61% more Light Gathering than 400mm
- Overall Weight 90 kg (198 lb)