About this product
Part Number: 10240
Excellent first telescope or lifestyle gift!
The Sky-Watcher Heritage-114p features the same 4.5" parabolic mirror-set as the hugely successful Sky-Watcher 1145p Newtonian telescope so is an excellent choice for back garden astronomy.
The Virtuoso mount provides a stable platform and will track night sky objects automatically once located.
The telescope can be slewed automatically in both axes, at five different speeds, via the mount’s electronic keypad.
A great feature of the Virtuoso is the patented Freedom-Find dual-encoder technology which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without losing alignment or positional information. This gives the user enormous convenience and flexibility during observing sessions.
The Virtuoso mount can also be upgraded to full Go-To operation (finds thousands of celestial targets automatically) by purchasing a Synscan AZ Go-To handset and cable.
The Heritage Virtuoso is is intended primarily for astronomy but the mount also has a number of features that will appeal to photographers.
(Camera not included)
Camera Cruising: Take photographs automatically with your DSLR at up to 6 preset positions. The mount will stop at each predetermined position and automatically trigger the camera’s shutter release. (Canon-D electronic shutter release cable supplied but other Sky-Watcher cables are readily available)
Video Cruising/Time Lapse Photography: The mount can automatically move your video camera through up to 6 preset positions without any pause. Up to 5 speeds can be selected in this mode (see below)
Panoramic/Matrix Photography: The mount can control a DSLR camera to take long distance panoramas up to 360°.
Please note: The Virtuoso is first and foremost a mount for astronomy so it's photographic features are not as capable as the Sky-Watcher Allview mount. For example, when using the Virtuoso the camera lens cannot be positioned at the nodal point when in portrait orientation, the shutter release time is limited to a maximum of 10 seconds and the sidereal tracking on the mount automatically turns off after 30 minutes.
Supplied in attractive giftbox.
Features and Specification
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x20 & x50
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x228
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 114mm
- Parabolic primary mirror
- Telescope Focal Length: 500mm (f/4.38)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Rack & Pinion focuser 1.25”
- Red Dot Finder
- Virtuoso Computerised Multi-Function Mount
- DC Servo Motors, Driving Resolution 2.42 arc sec
- Payload Capacity 4kg
- Astronomical Tracking Speed: Sidereal Rate
- Slewing Speeds: 8x, 16x, 64x, 400x, >2000x Max
- Speeds in Time Lapse Mode: 1xRotation/24hrs/6hrs/3hrs, 2.5°/sec, 1.2°/sec
- Supplied with L-Bracket and Canon-D Electronic Shutter Release Cable (note: Cellphone adapter is not included)
- Virtuoso Mount Upgradeable to GoTo with addition of Synscan™
- AZ GoTo Handset and cable (available separately)
- Telescope/Mount attachable to most Prosumer tripods via 3/8” thread
- Power Requirement: 12v DC 1 Amp Power Supply (Tip Positive)
- Skywatcher Power Tank recommended but will run on AA batteries (not supplied)
- Overall Weight Approx 5.3kg (mount 3.7kg), Dimensions 29x29x45cm
The following Shutter Release cables are available.
C1 : Replaces standard Canon cable already supplied with mount
AP-R3C (C3) : For Canon EOS Models 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 1D MkIV, 1DS MkIII & 5D MkI
AP-R1N (N1) : For Nikon D3, D3S, D3X, D200, D300, D300S & D700
AP-R2N (N2) : For Nikon D30 & D70S
AP-R3N (N3) : For NIKON D5000 & D90
AP-R3L (OPT2) : For Olympus E-P2, E520, E420, E-P1, E510 & E-410
AP-R1S (S1) : For Sony a100, a200, a300, a350, a550, a700, a900 and Minolta a7 Digital, aSweet S, a807si, a-9, a-7, Dimage-7Hi, Dimage-7i
Please fill in the form below to ask a question or request a price match.