About this product
Part Number: 10224
Combining the power of a large optical tube, the portability of the patented collapsible FlexTube design and SynScan computerised Go-To technology. The new Skyliner FlexTube Synscan Dobsonians bring over 42,900 celestial objects right in front of your eyes, and automatically track them as they move across the night sky.
The patented dual-encoder design allows you to manually move the telescope anytime and to anywhere you wish - with no need for realignment. Slewing to an object on the opposite side of the night sky no longer feels like watching a kettle boil. Simply push the tube close to the object and let the computer do the rest of the work.
Please note: The telescope is supplied with a straight-type 9x50 finderscope, not the RA finderscope shown in photo.
- Magnifications (with Eyepieces supplied): x48 & x120
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x400
- Diameter of Primary Mirror: 200mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 1200mm (f/6)
- Eyepieces Supplied (1.25"): 10mm & 25mm
- Dual-Fit 1.25"/2" Crayford Focuser
- Parabolic Primary Mirror
- 0.5mm Ultra-Thin Secondary Mirror Supports
- 9x50 Straight-type Finderscope (not the RA finder shown in photo)
- Direct SLR Camera Connection
- 3-Point tube locking system, fully retractable
- Alt-Azimuth Mount with Accessory Tray and Built-in Heavy-Duty Servo Motors
- SynScan AZ Computerised Handset
- 42,900+ Object Database containinf full Messier, NGC and IC catalogues
- Quiet operation
- Power Requirement: 12v DC Power Supply (Tip Positive). Sky-Watcher 17Ah Power Tank Recommended
- 77% more Light Gathering than 150mm
|Average Rating (2 Reviews): |SkyWatcher 200p Flextube GoTo Dobsonian
Friday, 16 October 2020 | Jan
This is my first scope and I love it! I opted for a Flextube so that it would collapse down for better storage and to also make it easier for me to move about. The scope is still big though and the base is heavy - I’m 5’5” and reasonably fit and can just about manage to move it about on my own. I have to take the tube off and move it separately to the base when I want to observe.
I’m impressed with the build quality and it was very well packaged when it turned up. I am using the scope ‘straight out of the box’ and have not noticed any collimation issues - the stars, planets etc look focused and clear although I will be testing it shortly. The stock eyepieces are ok to get you started but I did upgrade the Finderscope to a right angled one and purchased a light shroud too.
As for the GoTo - I like to find objects myself so use the handset to manually move the mount. I love this as you can make small adjustments to keep things in view and it’s effortless. It’s also very quiet, I tend to push the scope to roughly where I want to look and then use the handset to ‘fine tune’. This version has come with its own WiFi which I believe you can use your phone to work the scope but I haven’t tested that out yet.
And finally, brilliant service from FLO - I have since ordered more items from them since purchasing this and I’m really pleased - thanks guys!
Friday, 29 November 2013 | Giuseppe
I am really impressed with this scope.
Once you have done the alignment there is nothing else to do than tell to the SyncScan GOTO where to point and it does
I am also using it for astrophotography with good result.
I would recommend this scope for beginners and amateurs !!!
Please fill in the form below to ask a question.